Graphic Cards 460 gtx vs 560

kippu

Skilled
first of all, my apologies if it has been discussed before but the 3 character limit in search makes me impossible to search for 460 to read previous threads on it
so i am going to buy a 460 gtx or the best card in the 10k range , when i saw a minimal difference between a 460 gtx vs a 560 gtx , which would be better? for a 1 Gb card ofcourse

Get gtx 560 eyes closed..460 is only equivalent to a Gtx 285(which is almost 3 yrs old)..560Ti will be better although if you cant afford it get the gtx560..If AmD is ok with you then consider the 6870..

See Within your budget MSI HD6850 Cyclone PE/OC is the best card which outperforms GTX460 and comes close to HD6870 performance level... Now my question is at what resolution you would like to play games? If you are gonna play almost all the games at full HD with all the settings cranked up then either buy MSI GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II or MSI HD6950 if you can invrease your budget...

it doens't make a much difference if you go for 6850 or gtx 460 1gb. Both can oced to good levels. i am not aware how good is the real time oc of gtx 560.

What are the rest of your rig specs?..

Basically cpu, memory, psu and resolution you intend to game/use.

it is not gaming , its for usage for rendering purpose , of course i will be gaming but that is just secondary to the whole idea of getting the card

a member name 'jassi' is selling zotak 460AMP which perform ~ 6870

i had that same card and maxed out every game on 19' monitor its a VFM card as he is selling it @ 8.5k somethink .... please chk market section for correct price

kippu said:
it is not gaming , its for usage for rendering purpose , of course i will be gaming but that is just secondary to the whole idea of getting the card
Rendering what? 3D animation? 2D Video?
None of the cards suggested here are great renderers. They are gaming cards. You need to flash the bios/install cracked drivers if you want to transform any of these cards into design cards. If you want faster renders, cut down ont the graphics card and invest in a better CPU and as much RAM as you can afford.

Of course, if you want to game too then go ahead and get a 6850. Just know that it won't help renders much.

kippu said:
why did you guys sell off the card if it is that good?
i was getting 40~45FPS on 1400*900 on my 19' monitor playing Crysis 2 but now i am upgrading to LED and i dont think i would get playable FPS on full HD ... correct me if i am wrong

will upgrade to 6950 or 7 series

chiragsthakur said:
^^ If you still have GTX460 amp, then just get a new HD monitor 22". Wait for 7xxx series from AMD.
sold it as buyer was in hurry and cant wait till 7series launch also offered me decent price ... currently on IGP though

getting Dell 22' LED from letsbuy .... good reviews all around ... lets hope for the best

^^ i would rather wait for launch to compare some benchmark .... if they are not VFM then will go for 6950 2GB for sure ... might be some price cut after there official launch in india

kippu said:
why did you guys sell off the card if it is that good?

I have owned both the 460 gtx and the 560 gtx-ti, and both the cards are tremendous, though 460 doesn't allow maxed DX11 games (and the 560 does).

Get 560 GTX-ti.

Back