PC Peripherals 4GB RAM. Which chips??

Shripad

ex-Mod
Hi guys.

I have recently ordered 4 Gig for myself.

These sticks are coming here on monday or tuesday mostly from US.

But I also need 4 Gig more as my cousin informed me today that he is switching to XP x64 for his rendering machine and needs 4 gig for it too.

So I have option now to import 4 more gigs.

The sticks which I have ordered are these. (2x2GB)

Newegg.com - mushkin 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Now I can keep em or I can pass them onto my cousin and order myself new.

Or I can keep these and get 4 gig for my cousin.

So what are the options. Its not nacessary that ram should be 2x2 but its preferred.

For 2x2 there are these options.

Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

For 1x4, there are plenty of options.

I am not expecting too much from 4x1GB. even if they run 800Mhz 4-4-4 its fine or 1000Mhz 5-5-5

So what to get????

If anyone has come across good thread on some other forum regarding this please pass the link or if you have any good suggestions they are always welcomed.

:)

Maybe it depends on the budget. Your choice of Mushkins are top of the line ones. If performance is the main thing you are looking for, I think sticking to Mushkin would be better.

If you just want to run stock, GSkills and Patriot seems to be good. I have 2x2gb patriot (but bought as single sticks from Frys). Havent used it much but runs pretty well at stock. As my comp still needs some critical parts, my usage has been very limited.

Back