4tb or 6tb storage

Hi

I want to add 4tb or 6tb to my storage. It will be primarily used to store movies games etc. I will play content through kodi and also will be seeded.

I care about warranty, space on my Cabinet and value for money (inr per gb).

While looking at the options I saw that the external hard disks are priced better compared to the internal hard disks. All external disks seem to carry about 3 years warranty too.

Only downside is that I will need to accommodate that extra space for each additional external hdd on my Cabinet which is quite crowded now. If I buy an internal hdd I can accommodate 2-3 in one hdd bay (which I plan to buy).

Which one should I go for? Internal or external? Is 3 years the best warranty possible while maintaining vfm? Which is better Seagate or wd or both are same? Should I go for 3.5 inch or I can go for 2.5 inch external as well as it will save Cabinet space.

If going internally look for atleast wd red drives. External only if it is going to be powered on occasionally. If you have budget then wd black or red pro is way to go. Do not even think of wd purple or seagate surveillance drives.
You can think of investing in nas drive that is attached to network.

If going internally look for atleast wd red drives. External only if it is going to be powered on occasionally. If you have budget then wd black or red pro is way to go. Do not even think of wd purple or seagate surveillance drives.
You can think of investing in nas drive that is attached to network.
Everything is going to be connected externally only.. Either through usb or through an hdd bay... It is going to be on 24/7..i traded in my pc for an Intel nuc to save power and space... So there is no option for internal as such..

Thanks at this time I am not too keen on spending on a nas setup.

Is there any difference in performance, durability and quality of har disk in: External hdd vs internal hdd (3.5")?

Is there any difference b/w external 2.5" vs 3.5" in terms of reliability and durability?

Yes, there's difference between 2.5 external and 3.5 external disks.
3.5" will perform better and is faster than 2.5" so faster W/R operations but requires power adaptor ( so not very portable like 2.5")
just do one thing, but an external 6TB HDD like WD My book, you'll get 3yrs warranty and almost similar performance as internal.
after warranty expires you can always shuck it and use as an internal SATA drive.
external is generally cheaper than internal for same capacity amd higher the capacity it's better value GB/Rs.
I think this 8TB is a good buy at the moment, can search for better price if available at local.
WD 8TB

Back