Audio 5.1 channel output- RS-out, CS-out

ajincoep

Disciple
HI Guys,

I recently brought a 5.1 Speaker system. Artis S5555 model
And I have a MOBO - MSI 760GTM-P25 which has audio output port (Line-out, line IN, RS-out, CS-out, SS-Out)

When I connect cable to Line-out port , then it works, But when I connect to RS-out, CS-out, SS-out port , I do not get any output.

Is there any other type of cable required??? and then a converter ... may be??

Please suggest.

What sort of inputs do the Artis system have? Ideally a 5.1 system should have 3 x 3.5mm jacks as inputs for the center/sub, surrounds and fronts. It may otherwise have RCA jacks as well.

I think..it should be like this, let us know, if your setup differed.

1. You connect the 5 satellites to the large woofer speaker.

2. Three wires from the main larger speaker go into the RS/CS/SS (as per the color codes).

3. Nothing goes into the line-out.

This should give you the traditional 5.1 setup. Now if you play music with 5.1 channels all 6 speakers should have sound. Else if you play normal music (non 5.1 channels), only 3 will have sound (woofer+2 satellites).

Gannu said:
What sort of inputs do the Artis system have? Ideally a 5.1 system should have 3 x 3.5mm jacks as inputs for the center/sub, surrounds and fronts. It may otherwise have RCA jacks as well.

Seeing this thread reminded me of my own 5.1 speaker system

I bought a 5.1 Speaker system from Philips model SP-100 which is meant for Dvd players ie Home Theatre System 4 years ago.

So it has has only RCA jacks

After getting it I got to know that it is not meant for PC

But i connected it to my PC throuch RCA to stereo converter

So heres my Question

Which speaker works better for PC ,a Home Theatre one for 5.1 PC speakers?

After googling i got to know that there would not be much difference
Some even said that a Home Theatre system is better as it provides better RMS value than 5.1 PC speakers

So guys wats ur opinion

Thanks for the reply..

Artis provided me with 5 cables
4 cables - RCA connecter at both ends
1 cable - mini jack on one side and RCA on the other side
Looks like it is made for DVD player.But I need to play it on PC.

@V.na5h: Could you please provide with more insight into RCA to stereo converter.

I also read that I need to configure my PC to 5.1 system
How to Connect 5.1 Speakers to Your PC | Hardware Secrets.
I will check this when i return home tonight.

^^

You did not get one singular cable, which has three nodes at the end..to go into the Computer..?

err.. speakers are not going to work by just converting rca to 3.5mm.

the onboard sound chip is does not have the power to drive the system. you will require an audio amplifier if sisnce your 5.1 system doesnot seem to have one built in.. (generally builty in the woofer if rca go to woofer n then 3x 3.5m go to soundcard

asingh said:
^^
You did not get one singular cable, which has three nodes at the end..to go into the Computer..?
No I did not get it.

madnav said:
err.. speakers are not going to work by just converting rca to 3.5mm.
the onboard sound chip is does not have the power to drive the system. you will require an audio amplifier if sisnce your 5.1 system doesnot seem to have one built in.. (generally builty in the woofer if rca go to woofer n then 3x 3.5m go to soundcard

But when i connect the cable that has 2 RCA port on one side (this goes to 5.1 system) and 3.5mm on other side (this goes to Line-Out of mobo). T, then it works!!!

I think I figured out the solution :)

I used the 3.5mm jack to RCA converter cable and configured Realtek HD audio driver to 5.1 audio. (The Realtek Audio software ask us to configure output pins as rear out, front out, subwoofer etc.. as per our choice:eek:hyeah: )

I played Matrix reloaded 4.5GB movie and it worked.

But if you play mp3 audio then only FR, FL and Subwoofer speakers works, rest all speakers goes on mute unless you configure all the speakers as "Front Speaker" ... this is understood.

Thanks guys for all your help.

I think you need a source which is 5.1 ch. If we play the MP3 file which are only sterio and will not give you the effect of 5.1. So download the source file which is 5.1 ch.

Back