Linux 5 Reasons Why You’ll Love Fedora 9

Nice post.

The 1 reason why I don't use Fedora is the default installed apps, no OpenOffice and other apps... Ubuntu is my favourite coz it includes OpenOffice and FF by default :)

Hmm Im not sure about Fedora (it might) but the latest Ubuntu 8.04 RC sure does :) Anyway its the same ntfs-3g project

zhopudey said:
Any idea if it supports ntfs read/write, and multiple sata hdds? If yes, I'll start Zhopudey vs Linux, round 4 :eek:hyeah:

Fedora even support NTFS r/w even in F8 .. Multiple HDD in Raid ? I don't think there should be any problem with or w/o raid :)

zhopudey said:
No raid :p Last time I tried, I had problems installing when all my hdds were connected.

Were all the Hard Disk part. in NTFS ? btw in which OS did you use.. Please post full info.. That never had been a case with me I have 2 Internal and 1 WD 500 Gb external . all work flawless and I had never faced any problem. .and yes if you have some mounting problem.. You must use NTFS-Config.. Also try mounting HDD after clean Windows Shut Down incase you are using WIndows too :p

main_trouble said:
any reason why it shuld be chosen above ubuntu 8.4

Checksum said:
Any reason why i'd chose this over SUSE 11 ??

How am I supposed to know that :p I haven't tested Fedora 9 .Only time will tell. .b/w all the major release will have nearly same features. but SUSE will provide much newer s/w as it will be released after other :p

It does not mention one of the most interesting (IMO) features thats gonna be introduced in Fedora 9 i.e. Kernel-Based Mode-Setting. You can read more about it here

[Phoronix] A Preview Of Kernel-Based Mode-Setting

Dont forget to check the last page of the article in which they have shown via youtube videos what this feature exactly does to the linux desktop.

Pat said:
It does not mention one of the most interesting (IMO) features thats gonna be introduced in Fedora 9 i.e. Kernel-Based Mode-Setting.

Hmm, so they are talking about moving graphics drivers into kernel space.

OK, so how easy will it be for a buggy graphics driver to take the system down ?

Back