50-55" LCD for Games and Movies

@Gauge

Viewing distance is not an issue for HD. For SD, farther the better.
Just be wary about the reflection from E550's screen. The room lighting is a slight issue for my D7000, I would imagine E550 would be worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
@mjumrani

If that's the case then i'm getting E550 for sure. I cant seem to find anything better in the given budget. Got a quote of 71k today. Will try to haggle some more and will try to get the best price possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
mjumrani

If that's the case then i'm getting E550 for sure. I cant seem to find anything better in the given budget. Got a quote of 71k today. Will try to haggle some more and will try to get the best price possible.

Yup, you do that. 69k is the best price I've heard somewhere in hifivision forum.
Just make sue you place it well when you buy it. It best not have any lights facing it, the reflection is very annoying.

Yup, you do that. 69k is the best price I've heard somewhere in hifivision forum.
Just make sue you place it well when you buy it. It best not have any lights facing it, the reflection is very annoying.

Will be mounting it on a wall. Have a light facing it, but will do something about it. Thanks for your suggestions mate.

Will be mounting it on a wall. Have a light facing it, but will do something about it. Thanks for your suggestions mate.

No problem mate :)
I'm thinking of shifting to yellow light, though I'm not sure if it will make a difference but yellow looks better and classier than white anyways.

mjumrani

Do note that the E550 being a plasma has two issues one is the higher contrast wash out due to reflection then there is the low brightness of plasma which again cannot defeat the glare.

Get the 6 series LED. or go for the 3D if you can afford it.

I always felt a 40 incher would make sense for a viewing distance of less than 10 feet.

the price of D6600 dropped from 74500 to 69990.

I checked it when i went to get my EH5000 LED

ALso not to mention plasmas are a power hog.

the consumption is anywhere between 300-400 watts.

Back