512kbps+ on a 256kbps Airtel Connection

what i meant is private trackers like DT,BWT,etc....ban the users if they dont maintain a minimun ratio...so u usually find people happy to upload & hence the download speed for you increases ;)...u cant just edit a public trackers address & put a private trackers address there....the tracker then wont be able to track any peers ..;)

so if u want good speeds & dont mind uploading the samething to others...join a torrent community & start sharing...then u will get good speeds...

Private trackers is the reason why the 'Torrent Invitational' thread is the most active thread on TE.

On private trackers, BT runs on full speed, because of the forced share ratio which you will have to keep up resulting in a good balance of upload+download speeds.

On Public, nobody gives a second thought before shutting down their upload and begin leeching all the way, because they can easily get away with it. Do that in Private and you're banned.

ohhh then it is ok...

Coz on these same public torrents earlier, I have got 50kBps ...... Only today I am getting slow speeds...

And I always make sure the D/U ratio reaches 1.0 before removing the torrent task...

i am on 128 kbps unlimited..night i get ~250kbps (10-7AM)

upload i get ~26kb/sec MAX....during this gr8 session..i restricted upload to 50kb/sec MAX..

Hey i am using Airtel broadband. i download at a rate of 28 kBps and upload at around 8 kBps...but from 2 days my upload speed has gone up to 58 kBps.

Download speed is same still :(

has anyone else expereced this

Back