WTB 5600 or 5600x

Status
Not open for further replies.
now that next generation AM5 and 7000 series Zen4 has been announced today at computex 2022 by AMD, I've decided to stick to decision and willing to buy old generation obsolete oem/open box/used 5600x. If you have one for sale @ good price, dm me. Thanks.

now that next generation AM5 and 7000 series Zen4 has been announced today at computex 2022 by AMD, I've decided to stick to decision and willing to buy old generation obsolete oem/open box/used 5600x. If you have one for sale @ good price, dm me. Thanks.
Excellent decision, You should aim for the impossible...good luck in your hunt of the impossible

i saw someone selling a 12400f at 11K which make such more sense for ur use case. Faster than a 5600x and you can actually get one near that price

i saw someone selling a 12400f at 11K which make such more sense for ur use case. Faster than a 5600x and you can actually get one near that price
12400f retails for as low as 15k...requires a complete overhaul of board/cooling....amd from gen 1 to 5 works on same socket...with appropriate bios...that reflects in the price...so consider that when applying logic.

12400f retails for as low as 15k...requires a complete overhaul of board/cooling....amd from gen 1 to 5 works on same socket...with appropriate bios...that reflects in the price...so consider that when applying logic.
Logic fails when one's building new from scratch. OP didn't state his current platform so it's presumptuous of you to assume he's already on AM4.

Announced, not released and widely available. Still AM4 is latest and greatest by AMD. It's not old and certainly not obsolete by any means. Don't try undervalue a product to get a cheap price. People can see through that.

Logic fails when one's building new from scratch. OP didn't state his current platform so it's presumptuous of you to assume he's already on AM4.

Announced, not released and widely available. Still AM4 is latest and greatest by AMD. It's not old and certainly not obsolete by any means. Don't try undervalue a product to get a cheap price. People can see through that.
I am talking in general..doesnt matter if you are building from new or scratch...quoting low for no warranty products is general logic people seem to follow as op is stating the same. Talking from recent experience.

I am talking in general..doesnt matter if you are building from new or scratch...quoting low for no warranty products is general logic people seem to follow as op is stating the same. Talking from recent experience.
I think a 12400f new build comes close to or cheaper than a 5600x build for sure. Also any 5000 series CPU should still be in-warranty given that a valid bill is available and the chip is not imported or pulled from OEM system. The CPUs are only 1.5 year old at this point.

I think a 12400f new build comes close to or cheaper than a 5600x build for sure. Also any 5000 series CPU should still be in-warranty given that a valid bill is available and the chip is not imported or pulled from OEM system. The CPUs are only 1.5 year old at this point.
Op is mentioning OEM pulled and imported when talking about no warranty...i have bought oem no warranty CPUs although they were about 20-25% cheaper then local counterparts the pricing was based on condition of hardware...anyone selling locally bought hardware with proper invoice will not come close to ops price...on CPUs they are just 20% lesser then new price...if someone is selling cheaper then most likely guy is in need of cash...anyways good luck to op finding chips at those quoted price

I think it will take some more time for price to come down once AM5 starts shipping in next 2-3 months, till then ryzen 5000 is the latest , good luck for your search

Just my two cents. Its going to be a bit of a stretch. You can find 3600 for that amount and even those are going to be hard to come by. As far as an intel build goes, salman hit it on the head about the complete overhaul of the platform and building from scratch. Any which way, best of luck for your search.

If ryzen 5 7600X will be insanely faster in all workloads than 5600x and cost around 20k Rs, Your logic of 10k Rs for 5600x works. 7600X may be 30 to 40% faster than 5600X and definitely very expensive. One has to go for new mobo in case of AM5, even cheapest b650 should be expensive, DDR5 memory also expensive too and also has to live with early adapter bugs too(First gen Ryzen got plenty of bugs like memory incompatability, Marginality bug etc).

Best case AM5 buildWorst case AM5 buildBest case AM4 build(used)Worst case AM4 build(new)
R5 7600X 20kR5 7600X 25kR5 5600X 15kr5 5600X 19k
B650 mobo 10kB650 mobo 10kB450 mobo 4kB450 mobo 5.5k
16GB DDR5 10k16GB DDR5 10k16GB ddr4 4k16GB 3200 MHz ddr4 5.5k
Total 40kTotal 45kTotal 23kTotal 30k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back