Graphic Cards 5750 under performs than Mighty 8800 GT

Guys.. I had XFX 8800GT alpha dog 512mb edition for about 2.8 Yrs now, which failed very recently and had to RMA it from the US.

I will have to appreciate XFX support here, cos they sent me a brand new ATI 5750 1 GB DDR5. However i am not happy with the performance.

Mafia II, COD Black Ops, NFS Hot pursuit II, GTA IV and Test drive Unlimited 2, all these games were playable at 1920 * 1080 at max setting when i was using 8800 GT.

Now after replacement all the above said games were stuttering like crazy. I am not sure why, could my proccy or RAM a bottleneck? people could find my system specs in
my siggy.

Your inputs are welcome.

I will have to say that 8800GT is really a great card and i miss it a lot :( Guys please help me here as to what needs to be done

8800GT is comparable to a 4830 or about 20-30% faster than a 9600GT.

So the two cards should perform somewhat close, not exactly sure, but around 10-20% margin of each other depending on the situation. On an avg the 8800GT might be slightly faster, like 5-10%, but there shouldn't be that big a difference.

What kind of FPS are you getting?

Thanks a lot guys... infact downloaded the latest version 11.2. All the reviews says 5750 is ahead of 8800GT, but not sure why am i facing this problem. Infact in all the racing games, the FPS are somewhere around 20-25 at 1920 *1080, but in 8800GT i did not face any stuttering.

Should i OC my proccy? or is it the RAM frequency which is causing the problem?

my experience is when you move from Nvidia to ATI.....better install OS freshly and only ATI drivers. not only games but windows7 system rating was also not working properly for me. clean driver remover and those things didnt work for me. happy with new OS, new only ATI drivers.... i had 8800 and now i have 5770 and happy with performance and temp and everything :)

What are the temps BTW ? Since its one of the HD5xxx XFX cards, which had quite a few low quality parts, it *might* be overheating.

Also, check the GPU usage in GPU-Z while playing a game (demanding one like GTA IV preferably)

>> i get a feeling that you are not using 5750 in any way !
you are playing on onboard graphics with the 5750 sitting there idle

GTA IV on onboard graphics. :no:

guys my mobo does not have onboard graphics. I checked the temps and its less than 50 degree celcius. I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers before installing catalyst. Let me try doing a fresh install and see wat difference it makes

buddingwhizkid said:
^It is impossible for the 5750 to be slower than your 8800 !

i think you should get the newer drivers .

thats the only possible issue i can think of !

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Bench - GPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Yes you're right.

It has to be driver issue, did you use DRIVER CLEANER?? Or did u install a fresh copy of OS?

If not, then I think the problem is conflicting drivers, or OLD ones if you installed the ones which came with the HD5750 CD/DVD package.

It's true, HD5750 CANNOT BE, and IS NOT slower than 8800GT

sunny27 said:
use the latest drivers---version 11.2 from AMD.
NO NO

11.2= suckiest amd drivers in a long while, cuz they cause performance downfall, like anything....

11.1 best!

So should i go in for the 11.1 driver or is it fine to have 11.2 catalyst? let me try using driver cleaner. Thanks a lot for your help guys... i am proud of being a member of this community

at last i found that my CPU multiplier was locked at 6. Now i disabled the C1EI and EIST and its a lot better now. Thanks a lot to all the folks to rendered a helping hand

Back