5G SIM router

5g is a nascent technology currently in India. Components aren't available for cheap unless they're selling in high volume. 5G dongles will also be available once they become mainstream, but we're not even close right now. 2 years away, at least. So no point asking.

I was asking because I use Jio fiber. Almost all pan has an FUP of around 3000GB. Last month my internet disconnected saying that I crossed FUP, I was under the impression that speed would reduce after FUP. But they blocked internet access and I had to recharge again for more than 500RS for 1000GB.

But the interesting thing is that I can enable a hotspot in my mobile and use 5G internet for free. Till now I've not hit any FUP for 5G, not sure if there is any. I am getting more than 500Mbps compared to my 100Mbps Jio Fibre. The problem is that it drains the phone battery very fast and heats the phone.

Anyway, if it is too expensive I will stick with phone hotspot for now :)

Looking for a WiFi router that can use JIO SIM for Internet. Can’t find any reliable option. Please suggest if anybody using any.
I was also looking for same and found that officially no WiFi router in India have 5G Capability
Looking for a WiFi router that can use JIO SIM for Internet. Can’t find any reliable option. Please suggest if anybody using any.
buy cheap 5G Phone (up to 10k) that have capabilities to run without Battery but keep running/connected with charger/power socket.

I was asking because I use Jio fiber. Almost all pan has an FUP of around 3000GB. Last month my internet disconnected saying that I crossed FUP, I was under the impression that speed would reduce after FUP. But they blocked internet access and I had to recharge again for more than 500RS for 1000GB.

But the interesting thing is that I can enable a hotspot in my mobile and use 5G internet for free. Till now I've not hit any FUP for 5G, not sure if there is any. I am getting more than 500Mbps compared to my 100Mbps Jio Fibre. The problem is that it drains the phone battery very fast and heats the phone.

Anyway, if it is too expensive I will stick with phone hotspot for now :)
Many existing routers support Android USB tethering which is the best option for now. Unavailability of cheap 5G modems and the considerably higher current/power draw with heat is a limitation for small form factors, till 5G modems mature further.

Many existing routers support Android USB tethering which is the best option for now. Unavailability of cheap 5G modems and the considerably higher current/power draw with heat is a limitation for small form factors, till 5G modems mature further.
sorry for noob question, but how one can use existing router with 5g Sim, I mean do we need to buy SIM router and insert 5G Sim in that Router and use 5G service?
As Existing Routers don't have 5G Chip/capability it will fall back to 4G even though we insert 5G Sim?

Which all routers support that?

sorry for noob question, but how one can use existing router with 5g Sim, I mean do we need to buy SIM router and insert 5G Sim in that Router and use 5G service?
As Existing Routers don't have 5G Chip/capability it will fall back to 4G even though we insert 5G Sim?
I think he meant to tether a phone with a Wi-Fi router for better coverage. Yeah there are no routers supporting 5G SIM ( at least I can't find on Indian sites)

Currently, there is no 5G modem/dongle available in India. Given this, you can opt for either of the two solutions outlined below:-----
In the quest for a workable solution, the most prudent course of action involves the acquisition of a mobile device equipped with a robust Snapdragon or MediaTek modem. It's pivotal that this modem supports 5G carrier aggregation while excelling in signal reception.
Following this, consider investing in an ASUS router known for its USB tethering capabilities. Although it's crucial to note that a majority of ASUS router models support this feature, there are certain exceptions. At this point in time, you can conveniently find an ASUS WiFi 6 router on Amazon for a reasonable price of 6,000 rupees.
The advantages of this configuration are multifaceted. Firstly,It eases the burden on your mobile device by eliminating the need to create a WiFi hotspot.This results in lower operating temperatures for your device and an extended battery life,uninterrupted usage. Furthermore, since tethering also involves power transfer, it may charge your mobile device gradually, ensuring it doesn't deplete rapidly.

In addition, it's worth mentioning the availability of 5G dongles in the Indian market. However, it's important to understand that these dongles do not come equipped with an integrated 5G module. A reputable manufacturer in this niche is Waveshare, and you can find their product here. It's important to note that the 5G module must be procured separately. Currently, the Snapdragon X55 modem is the primary choice available for this purpose, but it may have certain feature limitations to consider.

In the current technology landscape, these are the predominant solutions available to you.

Thank You.

Whivh all routers support load balancing

You will have to check the specs of the router to see if it supports it. On Asus, failover option is there on most of the range but load balancing is only available for the costlier options. Below is only an indicative list.

I had been down this way and finally settled with Samsung M14 5g and bought a 5g sim only for this use. Never been happier.

Also got to know that the unlimited 5g from Jio is going to end on 31st december.

I had been down this way and finally settled with Samsung M14 5g and bought a 5g sim only for this use. Never been happier.

Also got to know that the unlimited 5g from Jio is going to end on 31st december.
Also, the Indian operators are not placing any orders for 5G dongles anyway, so it is probably the end of the form factor with preference for mobile hotspots.

Back