Audio 6 million dollar home theatre setup!

abbY

Skilled

First, I'm going to try to describe the sheer magnitude of Jeremy Kipnis' theater. His Stewart Snowmatte laboratory-grade screen is the biggest I've ever seen in a home, and in the back of the theater, there's a Sony ultra-high-resolution (4,096-by-2,160) SRX-S110 digital projector. Kipnis sounds almost giddy talking about his theater's capabilities. He refers to his baby, the Kipnis Studio Standard (KSS), as "The Greatest Show on Earth." And from the looks of it, he may be right. More photo's and details can be found here.

Picture Elements:

Sony SRX-S110 Professional Video Projector

Stewart 18-by-10-foot Snowmatte 1.0 Gain Laboratory-Grade Motion Picture Screen

Players and Sources:

Sony BDP-S1 Blu-ray Player

Sony PlayStation 3 Gaming Console

Toshiba HD-XA1 HD DVD Player

JVC HMDH-5U D-VHS Recorder

SATA Drive (72 HDTV Hours Total)

Mark Levinson N° 51 DVD/CD Media Player

Pioneer HLD-X0 Hi-Vision HDTV MUSE Laserdisc Player

Surround Processing and Decoding:

Theta Digital Generation VIII 32-bit 8x Oversampling Dual Processors (13)

Amplification:

Mark Levinson N° 33h Amplifiers (2)

McIntosh MC-2102 Amplifiers (30)

Crown Macro Reference Gold Amplifiers (3)

Speakers:

Snell 1800 THX Music & Cinema Reference Subwoofers (16)

Snell THX Music & Cinema Reference Towers (8)

MuRata ES103A Super Tweeters (10)

Snell THX Music & Cinema Reference LCR-2800 Center-Channel Speakers (3)

While the KSS is technically an 8.8-channel audio system, it uses a lot more than eight speakers and eight subwoofers. Kipnis felt that a lone center speaker sounded a tad undernourished compared with the eight Snell THX Cinema & Music Reference towers, so he opted for three Snell LCR-2800 center-channel speakers. The original contingent of eight subs sounded "really good" but, unfortunately, didn't deliver the full earth-moving-under-your-feet effect he wanted. So, he wound up with 16 18-inch Snell subs! To balance the other frequency extreme, and for the ultimate in transient speed and transparency, the Snell speakers' treble has been augmented with MuRata ES103A super tweeters. Thus, from the deepest deep bass (10 hertz) up to the extreme high-frequency range (100 kilohertz), the KSS is the most full-range system I've ever heard—and felt. The speakers are fed by a well-balanced combination of audiophile solid-state and vacuum-tube amplifiers. The KSS is astonishing in the way it delivers power, but with 11,315 very high-quality watts on tap, that's hardly surprising. Not only can it play ungodly loud, the KSS sounds phenomenal while doing so and never hurt my tender ears. The theater is big but far from huge. Its vaulted ceiling ranges from 8 feet high at the rear end to 16 feet at the screen end of the room (which is 26.5 feet wide and 33 feet long). The 18-foot screen fulfilled my IMAX fantasies, and the projector's va-va-voom color and brilliant light were transformational. I just tried to take it all in as I scribbled notes, afraid I might miss some of the juicier details.

Link->Audio Video Interiors: The Greatest Show on Earth!

Chaos said:
Heh it'll sound good for sure but for that kinda money, you can build something way way way more exotic.

Yeah true.

In reality, I would buy another home on some exotic beach somewhere for 5million and spend the remaining on the audio stuff :p

And I just had a look at the blog and I think it's useless.... The room doesnt seem to have been designed for acoustics and there doesnt seem to be a proper sweet spot.

And the room is relatively small. No point having so many speakers.

The other HT was better. The one I had posted here abt a house which was on sale. I forgot the name of the owner.

No point having so many speakers the sound wud end up being Sub-standard..Plus i luks like a very messy plc..Seen way better for much cheaper..Check u-Tube for the vids.

Back