Budget 0-20k 64GB (32GB x 2) RAM Kit timings & freq. suggestion for x570 board and ryzen 9 chipset

chayarishav

Disciple
Hey folks!
I am on the lookout for dual-channel 64GB (32GB x 2) ram kits since the existing 32GB (16GB x 2) mem doesn't seem to suffice my virtualization oriented workflow.
Budget 15-30k, preferred freq 3600mhz, rgb/lighting/fancy look dont matter.
Query and Confusion- Is there a major difference in the performance of CL 16 and CL 18 kits. Is the former really worth it for shelling extra bucks given my use case will be running multiple virtual machines simultaneously?
Also could yall recommend some kits?

Hey folks!
I am on the lookout for dual-channel 64GB (32GB x 2) ram kits since the existing 32GB (16GB x 2) mem doesn't seem to suffice my virtualization oriented workflow.
Budget 15-30k, preferred freq 3600mhz, rgb/lighting/fancy look dont matter.
Query and Confusion- Is there a major difference in the performance of CL 16 and CL 18 kits. Is the former really worth it for shelling extra bucks given my use case will be running multiple virtual machines simultaneously?
Also could yall recommend some kits?
just get a 3200mhz cl16 kit and oc it to 3600mhz. saves money. ram I would recommend is crucial memories. then comes gskill trident z series. say away from corsair vengence sereis as you might get different memory chip for the kits. can cause issue.

just get a 3200mhz cl16 kit and oc it to 3600mhz. saves money. ram I would recommend is crucial memories. then comes gskill trident z series. say away from corsair vengence sereis as you might get different memory chip for the kits. can cause issue.
Should I ensure Samsung bdie for easy OC?

Should I ensure Samsung bdie for easy OC?
yes but its hard to find same memory controller with single rank or dual rank. mix match will not oc higher. normal oc till 3400mhz stable is what I have seen.
also for vm 3200mhz cl16 is great.

Back