CONGRATS on finally getting it.

My lack of a digi cam is keeping me away frm all this showoff section for a long time :p

You can improve on the cabble management a bit :p

Roue that 8 -pin EPS card through the under of the PCI & then the PCI-e video card...for that you have to remove all ur expansion cards though. Also i think the push PCI brackets are good enough to sit even a dual slot video card , if u dnt move ur rig around :)

Also one u decide to connect all the 120mm fan options available....run them at 7V ...they will be more silent.Also did u connect that fan behinf the mobo back plate....u can put an 80X80X15mm fan there....I got a diff of 10-12 degress at least at load on my PWM temps because of that :hap2:

NO 7V please unless u have the sunbeam rheo controller. :p

Scythe 63cfm fans dont need to be run at 7V and more the breeze the better. :D

The stock CM fans i think are 40cfm??
Good for show, not enough flow- Yo!! :rofl:

NO 7V please unless u have the sunbeam rheo controller

LOL ...just use 12V(yellow on molex) for the +ve terminal & 5V(red on molex) for getting 7V....as of the airflow of the CM fans they are quite decent. And as of the SOny S-Flex all i can say they r over rated and at 700-750 bucks per fan its super expensive :p.....I am using some Delta & Thermaltake fans using 7V & they are very silent. In fact have a total of 6 X 120mm fans + 1 70mm at back side + 1 X 120mm fan of PSU + 1 X CPU 120mm fan + 1 fan of the video card..so a total of 10 fans....still its quite silent :)

congrats stormy :D

do the chieftec bh/lbx & cm690 have a removable motherboard tray?

i can use 2 fans in front, 1 fan on top, 1 fan at rear & 3 fans at the side so which will be the best fan layout for me? i have 5 63cfm scythe fans, 1 thermaltake 55cfm fan & 1 thermaltake 94cfm fan

Supra said:
CONGRATS on finally getting it.

My lack of a digi cam is keeping me away frm all this showoff section for a long time :p

You can improve on the cabble management a bit :p

Roue that 8 -pin EPS card through the under of the PCI & then the PCI-e video card...for that you have to remove all ur expansion cards though. Also i think the push PCI brackets are good enough to sit even a dual slot video card , if u dnt move ur rig around :)

Also one u decide to connect all the 120mm fan options available....run them at 7V ...they will be more silent.Also did u connect that fan behinf the mobo back plate....u can put an 80X80X15mm fan there....I got a diff of 10-12 degress at least at load on my PWM temps because of that :hap2:

the eps connector is pretty small. i dint exactly get how you are saying to route them under tha pci & pcie.
not connected any fan behind the mobo as i got no 80mm x 15 or 70mm x15 fans with me.

the push pin does not close with the 2900pro hence using the screws for it.

& yes a lot of work still is left for the cable routing. was in a hurry to startup the rig.

Udit said:
congrats stormy :D

do the chieftec bh/lbx & cm690 have a removable motherboard tray?

i can use 2 fans in front, 1 fan on top, 1 fan at rear & 3 fans at the side so which will be the best fan layout for me? i have 5 63cfm scythe fans, 1 thermaltake 55cfm fan & 1 thermaltake 94cfm fan

both dont have removable tray.

cong for cool master cabient why ?

you old cabinet is good

but for about future proof :p with 8 fan cooler

the eps connector is pretty small. i dint exactly get how you are saying to route them under tha pci & pcie.

Actually what you have to do is take off all of ur PCI & PCI-E cards off the mobo. Then just press the wires(will be a bit cramped) on the side of the PCI & PCI-E slots(damn I dnt have a digi cam with me now to show u the thing)....once all the wires are on the side...u can put the cards as required.

Edit---Just got a link in XS which shows that :)

See the following XS post for more on cable routing in this cabby....see all the pages on how everyone had really done things well :)

A quick look at the Coolermaster CM690 - XtremeSystems Forums

Supra said:
LOL ...just use 12V(yellow on molex) for the +ve terminal & 5V(red on molex) for getting 7V....as of the airflow of the CM fans they are quite decent. And as of the SOny S-Flex all i can say they r over rated and at 700-750 bucks per fan its super expensive :p.....I am using some Delta & Thermaltake fans using 7V & they are very silent. In fact have a total of 6 X 120mm fans + 1 70mm at back side + 1 X 120mm fan of PSU + 1 X CPU 120mm fan + 1 fan of the video card..so a total of 10 fans....still its quite silent :)
I didn't ask how- i meant NOT preferable. :bleh:
I have heard- Only the Rheo/PWM fan controllers using only 12V or only 5v off the 5v rail are safe for 24x7 use and the 'Shift the gnd/return pin on the fan molex for 7v' is not. :)
I hope you know why. :cool2:

Back