Great buy stormy!! congrats :)

BIKeINSTEIN said:
I didn't ask how- i meant NOT preferable. :bleh:

I have heard- Only the Rheo/PWM fan controllers using only 12V or only 5v off the 5v rail are safe for 24x7 use and the 'Shift the gnd/return pin on the fan molex for 7v' is not. :)

I hope you know why. :cool2:

care to enlighten those who done :huh::huh:

ms_mahu said:
Does this case come with any fan filters other than on front? If not, can we put one?
well the whole cabinet itself is meshes in front going all the way on top. so that itself is a filter for you it will collect the dust you just clean it with the cloth.
other than that there is a fan filter at the bottom for an intake fan.

raj_pol said:
:) Congrats dude....even I have got the 690 a few days back....the stock fans do make some sound when running

stock fans are dead silent. you can see how close the cabinet is to me. i am using 3 stock fans, 1 scythe & 1 vantec. cant hear a thing.

Supra said:
Actually what you have to do is take off all of ur PCI & PCI-E cards off the mobo. Then just press the wires(will be a bit cramped) on the side of the PCI & PCI-E slots(damn I dnt have a digi cam with me now to show u the thing)....once all the wires are on the side...u can put the cards as required.

Edit---Just got a link in XS which shows that :)

See the following XS post for more on cable routing in this cabby....see all the pages on how everyone had really done things well :)

A quick look at the Coolermaster CM690 - XtremeSystems Forums

xs is down atm will check when its up. thanks.

thanks guys.

Supra said:
Actually what you have to do is take off all of ur PCI & PCI-E cards off the mobo. Then just press the wires(will be a bit cramped) on the side of the PCI & PCI-E slots(damn I dnt have a digi cam with me now to show u the thing)....once all the wires are on the side...u can put the cards as required.

Edit---Just got a link in XS which shows that :)

See the following XS post for more on cable routing in this cabby....see all the pages on how everyone had really done things well :)

A quick look at the Coolermaster CM690 - XtremeSystems Forums

will try out that routing for the cable. have assembled in a hurry so still a lot of mess is there.
ms_mahu said:
Does this case come with any fan filters other than on front? If not, can we put one?

the whole front & top is mesh so the dirt will get stuck in that you can just clean it with a cloth. other than that there is fan filter inside for the bottom fan.

raj_pol said:
:) Congrats dude....even I have got the 690 a few days back....the stock fans do make some sound when running

mine here is extremely silent. you can see that its pretty close to where i sit & i cant hear anything. am using 3 stock + scythe + vantec.

Back