Budget 51-70k 6900xt or 3080 10 gb for 3ds max and unreal engine?

nightisblack

Recruit
Which of the two graphics cards would be ideal for 3d modeling in 3ds max and Unreal engine. i am not considering Gpu rendering as most of my render engines are CPU based.

Isn't there a benefit from 16gb VRAM of amd?
yes its there but the engine runs smoother and supports nvidia more at the time. ofcourse blender is something else as I was able to get support for openGL and performance on the same on AMD card. but for other softwares, nvidia is the way to go. just get a 3090 I would say ;)

No idea how the things currently are with 3ds max but back in the days nvidia offered better quality drivers compared to AMD for professionals.

Isn't there a benefit from 16gb VRAM of amd?
Do you really work that big of a scene? CUDA is useful for many things apart from rendering. Some physics plugins I used to use used CUDA.

In case if you have just started learning then you can start with iGPU as well. Think of graphics cards later.

No idea how the things currently are with 3ds max but back in the days nvidia offered better quality drivers compared to AMD for professionals.

Do you really work that big of a scene? CUDA is useful for many things apart from rendering. Some physics plugins I used to use used CUDA.

In case if you have just started learning then you can start with iGPU as well. Think of graphics cards later.
Yea, i work with pretty heavy scenes and the viewport lags at times on 2070. that was why i was looking for an upgrade.

Back