Budget 15-20K 6inch display Android mobile.

TechUser00

Disciple
I wanted to buy an Android phone that has a small display. Mostly in the range of 6inchs, not larger than that. What I see in the market are big display devices.
Requirements are:
  1. Andriod
  2. Dual Physical Sim
  3. Decent battery backup(small devices have small battery, not so much to expect)
  4. 5G single/dual standby
  5. Amoled Screen in the range of 6inchs or less.
  6. Not so costly(Samsung S series are compact and meets my above requirements buy they are way to costly for average people.)

Regardless of brand, any suggestions meeting the above requirements would be very helpfull. Thanks.

I'm actually in the market for a similar phone as a secondary device and have been keeping an eye on prices. Depending on your existing phone's exchange value:
S22 : 30-35k
S21 FE : 27k-29k
Moto Edge 40 Neo : 19-20k
Moto Edge 40: 22-24k

S22 is the smallest phone with 70mm width. S21 is 74mm. and the two Motos are 72mm. I feel width is a lot more important than screen size, that screen size number in inches doesn't mean anything now really as the aspect ratios have changed. Personally I feel anything less than 75 is handy. Anything around 70 feels compact. Zenfone 10 for example, hailed as a great small phone is 68mm.

You can use phonearena website's size for visual size comparison: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/s...Motorola-Edge-40-Neo/phones/11763,12162,12196

Pixel 6a (old, I know) has a fairly compact display. I don't think most phones come with 6 inch display nowadays. Your other best bet is to pick up an iPhone 13 Mini.
Pixel don't have physical dual sim. I know very soon esim will be trending but as of know will stick to physical sims.
iPhone 13 mini or regular iPhones are compact but i am looking for iPhone size phone in Android world without breaking the Bank.
I'm actually in the market for a similar phone as a secondary device and have been keeping an eye on prices. Depending on your existing phone's exchange value:
S22 : 30-35k
S21 FE : 27k-29k
Moto Edge 40 Neo : 19-20k
Moto Edge 40: 22-24k

S22 is the smallest phone with 70mm width. S21 is 74mm. and the two Motos are 72mm. I feel width is a lot more important than screen size, that screen size number in inches doesn't mean anything now really as the aspect ratios have changed. Personally I feel anything less than 75 is handy. Anything around 70 feels compact. Zenfone 10 for example, hailed as a great small phone is 68mm.

You can use phonearena website's size for visual size comparison: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/s...Motorola-Edge-40-Neo/phones/11763,12162,12196
I think Zenphone 10 was not launched in India. Samsung prices are quite high for new phones. Old ones do get readily cheap after few years(old flagships) besides Samsung I don't see much of an option.
Motorola also doesn't make very compact onces like iPhone or Samsung.

Last edited:
Unfortunately there are none.
That's not true both the S series and Pixel base version every year is the same size as the base iphone. This year they are actually both smaller horizontally.
Also the Moto Edge 40, 40 neo are the same width as the iphone as well only taller.

Pixel don't have physical dual sim. I know very soon esim will be trending but as of know will stick to physical sims.
iPhone 13 mini or regular iPhones are compact but i am looking for iPhone size phone in Android world without breaking the Bank.

I think Zenphone 10 was not launched in India. Samsung prices are quite high for new phones. Old ones do get readily cheap after few years(old flagships) besides Samsung I don't see much of an option.
Motorola also doesn't make very compact onces like iPhone or Samsung.
Sorry I forgot to mention that these prices are from flipkart. The S22 might the phone you need as it's pretty cheap right now.

That's not true both the S series and Pixel base version every year is the same size as the base iphone. This year they are actually both smaller horizontally.
I was responding specifically to the OP's requirements. You may want to go through those again. There are no budget compact phones which meet those requirements.

Last edited:
I was responding specifically to the OP's requirements. You may want to go through those again. There are no budget compact phones which meet those requirements.
I would partially agree with you. But price drop of older models plus sale can be used to buy costlier ones in relatably reasonable price. I wish other manufacturers starts to make compact phones. Earlier Sony was also manufacturing compact devices but they stopped doing so.

But price drop of older models plus sale can be used to buy costlier ones in relatably reasonable price.
Sure, the words "budget" and "reasonable" are both relative. Plus the "used" route is always there.
The market has already shifted away from compact phones so much so manufacturers no longer make many in the 5.5-6 inch range. I, myself, am in the lookout for one and will most likely pick up the new version of iPhone SE, if and when it gets launched next year.

IMO get Moto Edge 40 under 25k. I will not recommend Pixel 6a unless the camera takes priority & you will mainly use it on WiFi, as chip is inefficient.

I love compact phones & don't want to use 2 hands or do finger gymnastics to use a phone. My older phones in past 10 years have been Nexus 4, Sony Z3 Compact, S8 then shift to S20FE 5G in late 2021. I really hate the size of my S20FE (even though it is still more compact than several other phones). Cost & inefficient chip stopped me from buying S21 or S20 back in 2021. S23 is the perfect phone for me & I might buy it next year because S24 will have an exynos chip.

Thank you everyone for your insight. Will probably go for the S-Series as it meets mosts of the desired requirements. Looking for a sale to grab one. Thank you everyone for your time. Cheers.

Thank you everyone for your insight. Will probably go for the S-Series as it meets mosts of the desired requirements. Looking for a sale to grab one. Thank you everyone for your time. Cheers.
you going for s21 fe 888+? if that's the phone you have selected then it is a good choice, bought it for my sister.
Camera and screen were quite good, the only issue I saw was the charging speed and relatively low battery life.

you going for s21 fe 888+? if that's the phone you have selected then it is a good choice, bought it for my sister.
Camera and screen were quite good, the only issue I saw was the charging speed and relatively low battery life.
Haven't decided about the model yet. Looking for a deal on any S-series model.

Back