Graphic Cards 7600gt AGP: wise buy for 10k?

vicente

Disciple
Hope this is the right place. I currently have a socket 754 2800+ on ASUS K8N with a AGP ti4600. I can procure a Leadtek 7600gt AGP card which will cost me Rs 10000 from abroad. Do you think its a wise idea to invest in this solution or would it be better to simply sell off the combination and buy a PCX, socket 939 based setup?

No. Especially because you're buying from abroad. First, you can get 7600GT for the same price here for PCIE. Also remember warranty hassles.

You are going to upgrade eventually. Why not do it now because in the future you will have absolutely no use for the AGP card.

Thanks a bunch imoen!
If I do go for an overhaul, I can procure a Sapphire X1900 GT for Rs 11,000/- from abroad(Germany) again. You think that would fit the bill considering the pricepoint? I believe the 1900GT touches 20k here ...

I also suggest you upgrade to PCIe.... I am also stuck on AGP like you (but on a 939 setup) and I regret not waiting for a PCIe mobo and GPU...

For a basic 939 system, you can put together A64 3000+ASUS A8N-VM+memory for a pretty low price. check out deltapage.com

Though memory is on the higher side this time of year. Should come down again in a few weeks.

X1900GT is good. Yeah ATi stuff is at a crazy premium here. Nvidia is better pricing wise, at least in india. Just remember to upgrade your power supply too.

Back