Graphic Cards 8400GS vS. 2400Pro

ijsa

Disciple
hi guys,

Can u suggest me which one would better; it had to be used on Gigabyte 690V chipset Motherboard(AMD 4000+ 64x2) with on board ATI Xpress1200.

Thanx

ijsa said:
hi guys,

Can u suggest me which one would better; it had to be used on Gigabyte 690V chipset Motherboard(AMD 4000+ 64x2) with on board ATI Xpress1200.

Thanx
Why you need it? 690G is already pretty good. You won't get too much of advantage by upgrading to any of these cards ulnless we are talking about HD/DVD playback

Hi, I think the 8400GS would be a better performer, though the gains would be pretty marginal.. But iam not sure wether any performance degrade would be there if an NVIDIA card is used in an ATi chipset motherboard..

morgoth said:
Why you need it? 690G is already pretty good. You won't get too much of advantage by upgrading to any of these cards ulnless we are talking about HD/DVD playback

it is 690V not 690G.

I just want play some games like Heroes V, Age of Empire III etc. these are running too slow with my present set up; although I have 2Gb 800Mhz ram.
any suggestions are welcome.

ijsa said:
it is 690V not 690G.

I just want play some games like Heroes V, Age of Empire III etc. these are running too slow with my present set up; although I have 2Gb 800Mhz ram.
any suggestions are welcome.

For gaming, the lowest cards that you should consider now are 7600GT and 1650pro. Both sells for around 5K. However zebronics 8600GT sells for something like 4.8K so you may consider even that.
If you have budget of around 5.5K you may get an XFX or MSI 8600GT DDR3.
2400pro and 8400GS are not cards for gaming. These are cards for HTPC systems

jampack said:
so does tht mean 8400s will have no worth if we already have onboard nvidia6150 or amd 690g onboard?

Of course it will improve your Vista Experience Index but as far as gaming is concerned the benefit won't be that much. You will spend 3K on one of these cards to get almost double the fps count of what you get with your onboard gfx @ 800X600 Res+medium settings.
So why not spend 2K more and get a card that will almost give you over five times more fps and allow you to play almost all recent games at high to medium settings at a decent resolution

Between those two it would be a 2400 pro hands down, its faster then a 8500GT too.

AS ppl mentioned buy a second hand 7600GT or GS, it will trounce either of the cards. And yeah Heroes 5 works like a slideshow on 690G

VGA Charts 2007 | Tom's Hardware
i dont think the 2400pro comes even close to the 8500gt ,plus it is more expensive also and mind you this is the 8500GT DDR2, i have the 8500GT DDR3 , gives great performance....i played NFS PRo Street on everything high , AA/AF full , at 1024x768 on my crap 3500+ 1gigger, smoothly on a similar card

hd 2400xt,the ddr3 version from sapphire costs abt 4.9k...same as the zebronics 8600gt also ddr3 but of a diff breed altogether...and the ddr2 version from gecube is about 4.4k...so i`ll stick hd2400pro...

8500gt wud be ur best choice for a few hundred bucks more. ...and if u have choice of multiple vendors try to see if they oc their cards at reasonable prices....

x1--- series are seriously outdated...

Back