Graphic Cards 8600 with 1GB VRAM!

Kumar

Skilled
IN A BID to win the hearts and minds of, well, PC World buyers, Gainward has released a new GeForce 8600 card - with a totally pointless 1GB of onboard memory.

Yes, that is a stunning amount of RAM - the most ever seen on a GeForce card of this spec, in fact. And yes, the 8600 is a pretty decent card. But there is no way on earth that you're going to hit the ceiling on the amount of RAM on a standard 8600 card before you hit the ceiling on the amount of raw horsepower in the GPU.

LOL This has to be the JOTY - Joke Of The Year :tongue:

Gainward delivers pointless 8600

its prolly for those folks who walk into the shop and tell

"Gimme da gfx card with the max amount of VRAM....i dont care what GPU it is"

I think its a marketing strategy, wen noobs see that the card has 1 gb ram and xfx, msi have 256 mb ram, they will obviously buy the gainward card. In the end gainward will be laughing all the way to the bank.

abhisheksahas said:
its prolly for those folks who walk into the shop and tell
"Gimme da gfx card with the max amount of VRAM....i dont care what GPU it is"

2nd that .. You wil find lots of fools who will give priority to P4 3ghz on a C2D 2.66 :rofl: btw this is a j/k the 8600 GT even cannot utilise 512 Mb DDr3 and they are providing them 1Gb :rofl:

Well...Thats a new one... Never thought this would be a way of advertising the growing need of VRAM...And to think that they would do it on a low mid end card... Thats Bad!!!

Back