8bitDo Controller - mx2Games or their own website?

TheNawab

Patron
Disciple
Looking to buy the new Hall Effect Ultimate 2C Wired controller...
The manufacturer's website also has shipping to India, so I was wondering what the best way to order these would be. Should I go with mx2Games imported units or directly order them from the official website using PayPal?

Will the customs applied to a 20$ product? And if yes, then would they amount to a greater amount than the surplus import price of mx2Games?

Please clarify. Thanks.

mx2.png
8bitdo.png

I am in the same boat but is MX2 even reliable for imported products considering long delivery time? I am looking to buy Onn Google 4K Pro streaming Device from them (at 6300) and was confused if I should order via Walmart ($50) only through ship forwarding.

Can anybody who frequents importing products confirm the custom price, how much am I looking to pay on a pair of these controllers? I am inclining towards ordering from the official website next week as mx2Games have been iffy with stocks in the past.

Nobody can assure you about customs. It's like Russian roulette. You can avoid paying it on high value components but get caught for a ₹100 component.

One thing is for sure - if you use UPS/DHL/FedEx you're definitely paying customs.

If your parcel is large and prominent, you're paying customs.

The rest depends on what the shipper labels the product as (gift or sample or otherwise) and what the mood of the customs officer is.

Similarly for the duty, the price on the shipping box is usually not considered. The customs official can use his mind to get creative with the customs list he has or he can accept the invoice you produce. This again depends on his mood.

You will usually pay the duty for that specific product + cess + GST.

If the parcel arrives via India Post, the postman will bring it to your door, give you a receipt and ask you to pay in cash. If you don't have the money ready, he'll give you a slip and ask you to pay at the nearest Post Office and get the parcel.

Nobody can assure you about customs. It's like Russian roulette. You can avoid paying it on high value components but get caught for a ₹100 component.

One thing is for sure - if you use UPS/DHL/FedEx you're definitely paying customs.

If your parcel is large and prominent, you're paying customs.

The rest depends on what the shipper labels the product as (gift or sample or otherwise) and what the mood of the customs officer is.

Similarly for the duty, the price on the shipping box is usually not considered. The customs official can use his mind to get creative with the customs list he has or he can accept the invoice you produce. This again depends on his mood.

You will usually pay the duty for that specific product + cess + GST.

If the parcel arrives via India Post, the postman will bring it to your door, give you a receipt and ask you to pay in cash. If you don't have the money ready, he'll give you a slip and ask you to pay at the nearest Post Office and get the parcel.
Well, that sucks that the process isn't standardized. Thanks for the information though.

Will update how much it cost me in total once I get around to ordering it.

Well, that sucks that the process isn't standardized. Thanks for the information though.

Will update how much it cost me in total once I get around to ordering it.
one thing, get a forex card and on paypal, select pay in original currency, will be cheaper for you, Paypal charges a shit ton on currency conversion, you can save 100-200 if you use a forex card, I have an IDFC WOW First with 0% forex markup and my monthly payment is around 20-25 euros, and those little savings really adds up

one thing, get a forex card and on paypal, select pay in original currency, will be cheaper for you, Paypal charges a shit ton on currency conversion, you can save 100-200 if you use a forex card, I have an IDFC WOW First with 0% forex markup and my monthly payment is around 20-25 euros, and those little savings really adds up
I have a Business Registered Paypal from my freelancing high school days that I use occasionally. Would that accept the card option?

I have a Business Registered Paypal from my freelancing high school days that I use occasionally. Would that accept the card option?
not sure about that, try calling their customer care, because if it's a business acc then you'll have a GSTIN too and I'm not too sure how personal cards and business mix together.

Looking to buy the new Hall Effect Ultimate 2C Wired controller...
The manufacturer's website also has shipping to India, so I was wondering what the best way to order these would be. Should I go with mx2Games imported units or directly order them from the official website using PayPal?

Will the customs applied to a 20$ product? And if yes, then would they amount to a greater amount than the surplus import price of mx2Games?

Please clarify. Thanks.

View attachment 207338 View attachment 207339
If you are looking for a budget hall effect controller, then the GameSir Nova Lite makes more sense. Not sure how well Banggood works, but the Nova Lite is little over $20 with shipping. The 8bitdo controller quality has been steadily falling.

If you are looking for a budget hall effect controller, then the GameSir Nova Lite makes more sense. Not sure how well Banggood works, but the Nova Lite is little over $20 with shipping. The 8bitdo controller quality has been steadily falling.

Can u share link for this gamesir nova controller

Can u share link for this gamesir nova controller
Haven't purchased anything from Banggood in past few years, but it is cheaper there.

AFAIK, Banggood is a Chinese e-Seller/marketplace that has a reliable track record after the ban on Chinese eCommerce platforms.
It can, however, take anywhere between 30 to 90 days. Moreover, many times, the shipping information isn't reliable, or it does not update for MANY days (Perhaps the parcel lies dormant in a Customs Agent warehouse).

AFAIK, Banggood is a Chinese e-Seller/marketplace that has a reliable track record after the ban on Chinese eCommerce platforms.
It can, however, take anywhere between 30 to 90 days. Moreover, many times, the shipping information isn't reliable, or it does not update for MANY days (Perhaps the parcel lies dormant in a Customs Agent warehouse).
One could order if they dont require the controller for next 45 days then.

Back