OC & Modding 8xx or 7xx series Mobo to unlock a Phenom2 x2 550 BE?

raju.03kumar

Disciple
Will be getting a stable quad B50 processor in a couple of days..:eek:hyeah:

I had the gigabyte 880gm-ud2h and the Asus M4A88T M LE or the M4A88T M in mind... but then found out, in one of the links posted in TE in an other thread that 8xx series (SB850) does not support native core unlcoking.. and only boards with their proprietary unlocking chips "core unlocker" onboard will.

But the 785g and 790gx (SB710 or SB750) has the ACC feature to unlock cores..

Has anyone had any success in core unlocking on GB's 880gm-ud2h as its product webpage does not claim any, but the asus one has this "core unlocker" in the feature list.

So, long question short. which motherboard do i need to buy to stably unlock the two extra cores??

PS:Its a stable B50 processor, so no issues. and i'll be pairing it with a corsair xms3 1600mhz sticks and a TRUE 120 on top of the proccy.

madnav said:
gigabyte 880gm-ud2h is coupled with sb710/750 and it unlocks. im using one.
eeeks.. overlooked that little detail in spec sheet... so it'll be plain ACC change to hybrid or auto in Bios to unlock the cores right?

raju.03kumar said:
eeeks.. overlooked that little detail in spec sheet... so it'll be plain ACC change to hybrid or auto in Bios to unlock the cores right?
change to hybrid

save and reboot

select auto if that didnt happen automatically.

save and reboot

raju.03kumar said:
thanks mate :)

and are you using an unlocked processor right now with this board??
yes!!

have not done OC on this board as of yet but cpu has been tested on previous board, so i have a reference point to compare. Will do testing sometime after i clean pc again :p

Back