9 Gaggers unite...

**** 9gag. Plagiarism and shit. Making money out of other people's work. Not cool. Even removing the owners' watermarks in the process and replacing them with their own "via 9gag" lol wut? Not cool. Also uses other people's photos on their own page (without taking permission) for their self-made so-called "inspirational" posts which are actually like-whoring, often even giving misleading infos. Definitely not cool. Meanwhile preaching about etiquette and being a gentleman and shit, oh the hypocrisy. I'm amazed that people are still following them. Will any 9gag fangay defend them against this accusation? Please stand up. And before you say that I'm just defaming them, i did my research on 9gag, their posts, what they really are like and also their diehard fans for months long ago. I was also a fan and didn't know about it till one user complained about it on facebook. That made me look into the group.
If you like them as a source of entertainment by all means enjoy it. But anything more then shit gets real.

images (57).jpg

Attachments

• images (57).jpg
    images (57).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 105
Well Reddit copies stuff from 4Chan
Reddit actually has a 4chan subreddit and the people who posts about 4chan/news and all on reddit are usually the anons on 4chan or posters themselves. All these while giving due proper credits (else the more sensible users or people who are anti-plagiarism or just want drama/karma/whatever lynch them online) and don't claim that the stuff belongs to them (redditors) unless they really do belong to them. I doubt thats called "copying". More like "sharing", which is what social media is meant to do, to me.
But 9gag asses here simply ctrl+c/ctrl+v while removing the original watermarks, do not give credits to original authors and even monetizes them. They may not claim that they are the original owners but their "via 9gag" sure is downright scummy and nothing less. The worst yet? They have over 2M fans worldwide, fans most of whom are probably not even aware of all these. That's the sad part.

Back