9500 Storm and Airtel?

Naga

Skilled
A friend just got a 9500 and he's on Airtel. How do I get Mobile Office to work on the phone? He's not interested in the blackberry service, just browsing etc. using MO. Don't even ask why he bought the 9500 :p !

P.S. Google failed me, maybe I didn't ask the right questions, whatever :)!

He cannot he has to use blackberry services cos none of the blackberry handsets support anyother apart from blackberry services. I know cos i am using blackberry from last 5 yrs

^^I've come across threads in some forums where ppl are using a blackberry as a modem with Airtel MO. Guess I'll have to register on those sites and try looking for answers.

In the meantime, open to all help I can get here :)

yea they are using only when blackberry services are active not without it. well go ahead and find out cos here i am saying cos used 5 diff blackberry phone in last 5 yrs. I am currently using 8900

^^lol, best not to give blanket statements. Try inputting "airtelgprs.com" as APN and installing Opera mini. Instant browsing without BIS.

P.S. I can use it as a modem too. With MO and without BIS.

Problem solved, guys.

ed.hardy said:
He was just trying to help you.

Giving a blanket statement that it's not possible is not helping. It's known as discouraging. Since he also mentioned that he's on BB for 5 years, the assumption would be that it is not possible. Fortunately, I don't make assumptions about anything before trying my best.

This being a pretty reputed tech forum, one shouldn't make blanket statements if in doubt. I could very well have given up my search for the answer considering the experience he mentioned he had with BB devices.

Naga said:
Giving a blanket statement that it's not possible is not helping. It's known as discouraging. Since he also mentioned that he's on BB for 5 years, the assumption would be that it is not possible. Fortunately, I don't make assumptions about anything before trying my best.

This being a pretty reputed tech forum, one shouldn't make blanket statements if in doubt. I could very well have given up my search for the answer considering the experience he mentioned he had with BB devices.

This is a forum not a BB customer service. You should understand that every suggestion that you get here can come with a pinch of salt.

Naga said:

Well i when i said its not working yes its not atleast in delhi cos i have tried that setting and with opera mini but its not workking in delhi. well good for u and ur friend that its working for you. its strange.

This is a forum not a BB customer service. You should understand that every suggestion that you get here can come with a pinch of salt.

+1 , Its a public forum and no one is bound to be accurate with the information. Also, as the airtel customer care itself states , the Mobile office or the airtel live would not run on a blackberry device. however workarounds might exist but that doesnt make it officialy stated for the BB device to run native GPRS.

Hey, hold your horses everyone! Trying to compare TE with any commercial half witted customer care is stupid.

And it's not like I went after delguy19 with hammer and tongs. I just asked him not to give blanket statements. Whose lose is it if everyone started giving wrong advice with full conviction?

I bet delguy19 didn't have as much of a problem with my post than some of you had :no: !

@delguy19, it's not like it's working just for me. Blackberry without BIS | Scott Savage’s Blog

Back