Graphic Cards 9600GT / ATi 4850

4850 and 9600gt dont have same config's in any way, dere is a huge difference when it comes to shaders. However dere is no comparison between both the cards as 4850 any time outperforms a 9600gt by a big margin. Please goole and check and checkout the benchmarks of both cards to make yourself clear, so it is obvious that you go for 4850.

^^ calling same would be saying Apples = Oranges , Look around TE you going to be amazed how much debate is on for ATI vs Nvidia . But specifically Between this two models ATI rocks !:hap2:

google it

^^ Errr.. i wasnt comparing Ati with Nvidia...

That way, on TE, we compare everything from AMD vs Intel to Communism vs Democracy ! :p

Here, i wrote about what OP has asked.

Aladdin said:
^^ Errr.. i wasnt comparing Ati with Nvidia...
That way, on TE, we compare everything from AMD vs Intel to Communism vs Democracy ! :p

Here, i wrote about what OP has asked.

Mate its ok chill i was not telling you to compare or not to compare :p +we are are here to help someone to choose so comparison is mandatory :cool2: , btw lol i was just replying to the original post . :tongue:

a 9800GT shud ve better competition, but still 4850 is much ahead, [cost wise too]
9600GT is 4.5k
while 4850 is 6.5k

its the GTS 250 which competes with 4850, but this time GTS wins by a small margin.
and btw @Arbiter_ck
chill, ur avatar looks to be too much freaked out:eek:hyeah:

HD 4850 is better but as others have already said you cant compare a 9600gt with hd4850 you need a good psu for hd4850 we can advise better if you tell us the resolution of your monitor,your psu

9600GT is comparable to 4670 in performance.....n 4850 is comparable to GTS 250...both series fall in diffent price range earlier ones are available with 5k range n latter ones for 7k(approx)

@rajkumar_pb The GTS250 is just a rebranded 9800GTX which is again a rebranded 8xxx series card. I hate this rebranding non-sense from nvidia. They haven’t developed a new product in ages and are just upping the clocks and memory, rebranding and selling ‘em. That sucks. Also, they don’t even support DX10.1 which the 4850 does and is closest to DX11 which is releasing with Windows 7 and hardware from ATI and games are going to be released quite soon with DX11. DX10.1 comes closest to DX11. Coming to the point of PhysX – tell me how many games actually support it despite it being available for years now. Also, in the games that do support it, the performance gains have been proven to be very meager. Not that I’m against nV or something but at the moment, ATI is a safer bet and they are ruling the roost with competitively prices cards that deliver the ultimate performance and hence giving the best VFM. So, b/w the choices given, the 4850 wins hands down. Although, personally I would go for the 4770 solely for the reason that it is 40nm and GDDR5 and consumes far less power and dissipates far less heat.

rajkumar_pb said:
GTS 250 competes with HD4850 and wins in the race. With PhysX in other hand, GTS 250 is the way to go.

If u enable PhysX feature of a game while using GTS 250, you will get frame rates that are no where playable at all(except maybe Batman)...so please stop the PhysX parade...

for a GTX260 and higher....it's notable....not anything lower..

Back