Graphic Cards 9800 , no display on CRT through DVI-VGA convertor

1235sam

Disciple
guys I bought second hand 9800 GT(the one which do not require 6 pin PSU pin)
When I connected it with DVI-VGA converter , there was no display on my CRT monitor. I tested it on my friend's LCD which has VGA output using the converter and again there was no display :mad: I again tested it on another LCD which has direct DVI pin and the card worked fine. I contacted Rashi , they said this version of 9800 do not support VGA monitors. But as far as I know there is no card which do not work using a converter.

iamddevil said:
try another connector?
I have tried multiple converters but same result :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nitant said:
The DVI ports have an optional signal for VGA Monitors, which the converters use. If it does not have this output, then you wont get VGA Display. This is pretty unlikely, but quite possible.

Looky here --> Digital Visual Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The card should have a DVI-I output.
my card has the same pin configuration as that of DVI-I (dual link) from the Wikipedia, so my card should support VGA , right ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

this is my model GeForce® 512MB DDR3 Standard (PV-T98G-YAF3) listed last on Graphic Cards - NVIDIA GeForce® 9 Series - NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Instead of connector, Try with DVI-D to VGA CABLE.

Did you try the connector which came bundled with 9800 ?

Make sure your GPU DVI is analog compatible, else no other choice than to buy an LCD.

^^

I think it might simply be the on-board connector of the graphic card may be faulty, try to get a DVI supporting monitor to check that instead of using adapters :). I doubt the brand of the card has anything to do with this, all batches have a few bad eggs.

I have got replacement from rashi and still the same result :( and the card is working fine on LCD monitors having DVI output . The card make is XFX .Is there any possibility that the card do not produce VGA output ?

Back