A camera phone to replace my SE C510

Now i am looking to upgrade. As you know c510 was/is one of the best 3.2 mp camera phones, now i m looking for something better. I am considering the Nokia x2/ SE elm/ Nokia 6700 slide/ used e 72. Priorities are a good basic functionalities ie sound clarity , signal reception , battery life etc, along with an excellent camera, other features hardly matter. And yeah budget is a constraint I am looking for a value for money option. Would not like to pay for features which any way i am not going to use.

Sony Ericsson Elm would be a decent upgrade over the C510. Its good a really nice AF camera with Walkman 4 and is based on the new DB3350 platform (C510 is DB3200). It even has Voice Sheild technology which improves call clarity ....

okiee thanks for your prompt reply, and how does elm compare with hazel. nokia x2 is ruled out after reading some bad review about its camera. so thinking of 6700 slide, elm, hazel or a used e72
RD274 said:
Sony Ericsson Elm would be a decent upgrade over the C510. Its good a really nice AF camera with Walkman 4 and is based on the new DB3350 platform (C510 is DB3200). It even has Voice Sheild technology which improves call clarity ....

Please avoid Elm and Hazel .. as the both are having software issues and SE has really not been upto the mark with its phones for a certain amount of time now! What i feel is according to your need E72 is a good option ! Also in your next post .. please mention your budget so that we can guide you better !

my budget is around 10K. samsung doesnt have a 5mp at that price i suppose. My usuage will be lots of calls ( so good battery life is preferred), few smses and lots of pics. how does e72's cam compare with that of 6700 slide?probably i can get a used e72 for 10-11K

egobrain.exe said:
Please avoid Elm and Hazel .. as the both are having software issues and SE has really not been upto the mark with its phones for a certain amount of time now! What i feel is according to your need E72 is a good option ! Also in your next post .. please mention your budget so that we can guide you better !
Software Issues? I'm part of se-nse.com and have never seen any major software problems related to the Elm/Hazel/Zylo/Aino/Yari.. etc (DB3350 phones). The last phone which faced quality problems was the Sony Ericsson Aino a year back and that got fixed in 3 months, while faulty phone screens were replaced within a week of handing it to the service centre.

The Elm has everything you need at 10k. If you need to see camera samples check the Flickr camera finder.... :)

"if you've never owned a touch phone before, the S5560 makes a great introduction." thats from the gsmarena. seems just right for me. looks like a poor man's iphone :). Will check out the image quality of superb vs the 6700 slide. Although presently more inclined for superb.

Back