A couple of Rock solid, Heart touching Red Rubies

Holy GOD!!! That card is damn sexy :O

Congrats dude.. If i can't get a card with Ruby pic, will get this one then :eek:hyeah:

Wow! congrats man! u'll see some serious performance there!! :eek:hyeah:

I'm blown away by just one Gigabyte HD4850 i have! imagine two of em!!!:hap2: :S

btw @Rave ATi cards are connected in CrossFireX not SLi!! lol!(sry! no offense!);)

Rave said:
woah congrats, so a second 4850 sli eh, nice nice

although why didnt u get em locally?

Yep, going Crossfire. Will be getting my Gigabyte X48-DQ6 from Amarbir to-night. Also getting a Stacker 830 Evo on monday. But I still cannot go crossfire with my Antec Neo HE 500W. The Corsair HX1000 which I already ordered is out of stock and I will probably have to wait till next weekend to go crossfire.

I ordered the cards through KMD, long before 4850's appeared in India, plus I wanted the Asus versions since they allowed fan speed profiles and limited over - clocking out of the box. Currently this is also the most sold 4850 flavor on newegg.

btw i have Gigabyte HD4850 and i too can make fan profiles in ATi Overdrive easily!! Just have to edit a small profile file!!!

But be warned, HD4850's fans r hell lot louder!!!

on 80% they sound louder than my vacuum cleaner!!! :rofl: (imagine 2 of em making that much noise!!!:S )

I currently have mine set on 50% - 51C-idle and 65-70C load!

if u could get used to the fan sound at higher speed percentages then the cooler is quite effective!!:) :S

At 100% fan speed it runs at 10,000RPM!!!!:eek:hyeah: :S

Rave said:
woah congrats, so a second 4850 xfire eh, nice nice
although why didnt u get em locally?
Coz that archer is maybe the next best thing after Ruby- look at the way DP drools and even Chaos dada inquired about it. :eek:hyeah:
Congrats Lord Nem- err... 'Games Bond'. :hap2:

sohail99 said:
btw i have Gigabyte HD4850 and i too can make fan profiles in ATi Overdrive easily!! Just have to edit a small profile file!!!

Yeah I know the profile file, but it was not discovered by the time I ordered the cards and people were just flashing their non Asus cards with the Asus cards BIOS just to run Asus Smart doctor, so I thought I would get the Asus cards since I did not know when the Fan control for 4850 would be enabled in utilities like ATi Tray tools.

sohail99 said:
But be warned, HD4850's fans r hell lot louder!!!

on 80% they sound louder than my vacuum cleaner!!! :rofl: (imagine 2 of em making that much noise!!!:S )

I currently have mine set on 50% - 51C-idle and 65-70C load!

if u could get used to the fan sound at higher speed percentages then the cooler is quite effective!!:) :S

At 100% fan speed it runs at 10,000RPM!!!!:eek:hyeah: :S

Dont mind the noise so much when I already have 2 x 120mm, 115CFM Ultra High speed Panaflo's running on my CPU @ 2700RPM.

About the 4850 Fan RPM, I thought it maxes out at 8k odd RPM.

Good Lord....nice stuff...and the Black Asus box looks calssy as well!.Great buy Lord.........I mite also have a 4850 CF or the 4870x2 or one of the better priced Nvidia's in a month or so depending on the cards out at that time!

OT- That profile thing that Supra mentioned in his review, did not work with my Diamond 4850, dunno wats the problem! It idles at 80C and about 84C at load. Need to get this fixed, will prolly do a fresh install of windows tonite.

Lord about the x48 Dq6 I called my local yesterday again, and he mentioned the same price I quoted you earlier. I am still undecided btw the x38 Ds4 or the x48 Dq 6, for the amount I am going to OC either will suffice, is the x48 worth the premium, I am unable to decide!

Congrats Lord :)

@ Saiyan, packaging is sexy, but card, its pink.

PS: I m not nVidia fanboy, but I always feel nVidia cards r more aesthetically pleasing like WD HDDs.

Back