A couple of Rock solid, Heart touching Red Rubies

Nahice; :D

Sorry to congratulate u late but I was driving all the way from Pollachi to Madurai; :p

So when's the HX1000 expected?? :)

@Jasku: Dude u aint doing the things right; thats the problem;

1. U need to create a profile first from ur ATI CCC;

2. And then head to folder options and enable "Show hidden files and folders";

3. Then head to: My Computer> C:\ Drive> Documents and settings> [Your Username] > Local Settings> Application Data> ATI> ACE> [your profile name.XML]

4. Right click that .XML profile file, find these codes there and edit them as these:

</Feature>
<Feature name="FanSpeedProtocol_0">
<Property name="FanSpeedProtocolProperty" value="Percent" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="FanSpeedAlgorithm_0">
<Property name="FanSpeedAlgorithm" value="Manual" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="FanSpeedRPMTarget_0">
<Property name="Want" value="0" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="FanSpeedPercentTarget_0">
<Property name="Want" value="65" />
</Feature>

[This 65% is the reference fan speed]

5. Save the file;

6. Reload the profile from the ATI CCC [and hear the effect of the hair dryer do the job :D]

gannu said:

Sorry to congratulate u late but I was driving all the way from Pollachi to Madurai; :p

3. Then head to: My Computer> C:\ Drive> Documents and settings> [Your Username] > Local Settings> Application Data> ATI> ACE> [your profile name.XML]

4. Right click that .XML profile file, find these codes there and edit them as these:

</Feature>
</Feature>
</Feature>
</Feature>
</Feature>

5. Save the file;

6. Reload the profile from the ATI CCC [and hear the effect of the hair dryer do the job :D]

All this only "after" you turn on Overdrive :p

gannu said:

</Feature>

</Feature>

</Feature>

</Feature>

</Feature>

5. Save the file;

Yea Gannu I did all of that!!!:no:

Freaky said:
All this only "after" you turn on Overdrive :p

LOL...thanks Freaky u hit the nail on the head!....I dint enable OD:mad: !! ...thanks its now idling at 56C with fanspeed set to 50%, decent enough??...I can barely hear the fan! :hap2:

Jasku said:
Good Lord....nice stuff...and the Black Asus box looks calssy as well!.Great buy Lord.........I mite also have a 4850 CF or the 4870x2 or one of the better priced Nvidia's in a month or so depending on the cards out at that time!

Yeah, the Asus packaging was pretty cool, especially the graphic on the Box and the card itself. The black box inside was also great. It gives the impression that something lot more valuable than a Graphics card is inside the box. :D Overall A+ package design compared to the sapphire and other cards, even though the bundle inside is the same for all cards.

Coincidentally, back i.e in 1998, I got my first Graphics Card, a Riva TNT of Asus make. Now exactly 10 years later I got an Asus make 4850 card for almost the same cost, I spent for the Riva TNT. :p

Jasku said:
Lord about the x48 Dq6 I called my local yesterday again, and he mentioned the same price I quoted you earlier. I am still undecided btw the x38 Ds4 or the x48 Dq 6, for the amount I am going to OC either will suffice, is the x48 worth the premium, I am unable to decide!

The quote you got for X48-DQ6 is pretty good, In fact it will work out costlier than that even if you get the board from US through KMD. As I said its possible that your local dealer/distributor has the board in stock and not able to sell it and wants to clear it even if by selling at a slightly lower price. Costly boards such are this are slow moving items and such bargain prices are possible. Also better pricing is possible based on the location of your dealer with respect to the distributor. What ever the reason, its a killer price and I if you are seriously considering the X48-DQ6, by all means get that board form him.

Also I would suggest that if you are going for the DS4/DS5 series of X38/X48, be wary of any compatibility issues that the boards may have. It seems that people have run into a lot of compatibility issues with DS4/DS5 boards. This is one of the reasons why I didn't bother about the X48-DS5 even though it meets all my requirements.

Anyway I got my X48-DQ6 from Amarbir just a while back. Will post some pics tomorrow. :)

_pappu_ said:
omg they should have a benching contest :)

though his e6600 will slow him down :(

Nah.. No way I can compete with his heavily over-clocked E8400 with my E6600. Anyway, I got a TRUE 120 as well since I needed another HSF (I already have CM GeminII). Let me see if I can over clock the proccy without getting too high temps.

gannu said:

Will be getting the PSU sometime in the coming week. Amarbir offered me a Thermaltake Toughpower 750W as a standby PSU so I can run CF, but I didn't bother as I don't have the patience to mess around in the cabinet so many times. I will probably start building the rig once I get the Stacker 830 on monday.

^^ yea I remember the RIVA TNT and then the TNT2, I was crazy abt em, but unfortunately could not convince my parents to buy me one of them :( but used to go to this game parlor, where just one machine had the TNT2 and others were on the older version, everyone would fight for that machine! Man loved those days...use kick some serious a$$ in Quake-2 and my list was put up as the top player! and whenever I entered the guys would go 'hey look thats Big_J the no 1 ranked player in quake2', but then later I stopped playing and went back all the kids were kicking my rear!! really miss those days!!

And about the DS4/DS5 what compatibilty issues are you referring to? the reviews on Newegg seem to suggest issues with only to Raid, other than that dint see any obvious concerns, but will google it.

I am also tempted to go for the X48 DQ6, I know I am not going to make full use of it, but WTH its a X48 , its gonna be similar to my Asus P5WDH-Deluxe, I bought it for 15.5k! and though it has served me well, extremely well, I dont think I made full use of the money spent! In a sense the X48 purchase seems like a deja vu!

I have also requested for a quote of the X38 DQ6, depending on the difference between the two, will decide!

Also a little hesitant, cause I have always been a Asus loyalist, lets see how the shift to Gigabyte will be?!

Got the motherboard yesterday night, but the Corsiar HX1000 is gonna take a few more days. Also haven't installed and tested even one card yet. As I said, I will make the new build tomorrow once I get the Stacker. As for proccy, I am going to use my E6600 for the time being. Will get a Quad after the coming round of price cuts.

Back