WTB A Decent Tablet under 15k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a good VFM Tablet(9"/10" preferred or Nexus 7 2012) to fulfill my reading experience, especially magazines and newspapers. It should be in decent condition along with snappy operation. Budget is below 15k rupees.

Last edited:
For reading and web surfing, i would suggest 9/10" only. Don't go for nexus as i find web surfing really pain on that. Probably because i am used to a bigger screen iPad.

Thank for taking your time for advising something good. I've checked only 10inch screen tabs so no idea about how it feels on 7inch. I can get Samsung Note or iPad but just for reading, it's not cost effective to invest more than 15k on a Tab. I don't like B/W Ebook readers for graphic contents. I still prefer Paper Print over Digital ones(still 50-50) but portability/paper wastage are the reasons I'm going for a Tab.
There is a lack of a decent 10inch screen tabs from good brands between price range of 10k-20k. If I dont get one here, I'll stick to Paper editions.

The notion ink Adam 2 has been launched just recently. Its 10 inch, and around 17k for wifi only version. Runs aosp. Major con is low dpi of 1024 or something.
10 inchers should have at least 1366x768 or full hd resolution imo.
I tried to see where they're selling, but as usual pathetic site from notion ink folks. Shop Link does nothing.

Thanks for update but its features do not excite me. I've restricted my budget below 15k because " just +2k more" has no ending. I think atm any Nook HD+ offer will be a good choice for me.

In that budget you can get a brand new Nook HD+ from eBay seller slidecart

Why look for offers for a second hand piece when you can get a new one?

I've already checked that but I'm looking if someone has one spare or new one, like 16gb one for around 10-11k. If any HD+ available around that price range, plz inform me & thanks for the inputs. If I don't find a 16gb, I have to buy the one you mentioned.
PO: I've a soft corner for Nexus 7 2013 around 15k, it is confusing there.

Reading on 7" is gonna suck, obviously it is my personal opinion and experience but reading on 10 inchers is far far better than that tiny 7" screen (relatively).

Reading on 7" is gonna suck, obviously it is my personal opinion and experience but reading on 10 inchers is far far better than that tiny 7" screen (relatively).
+1. You can only enjoy ebooks on 7 inch screen. To enjoy magazines and newspapers, a 10in screen is must, otherwise you'll be squinting and zooming in all the time.

Sorry, I was busy and had internet problem yesterday so was not able to reply. I've used an HCL Y2 (7inch screen) yesterday and yes reading is better on a 10inch screen but magazine etc are readable with some zooming in. While searching I found some devices named Ainol Novo 9 Spark & Zync Quad 9.7. How do they perform? It seems better VFM @13-15k than a Nook HD+. I found an ipad3(somewhat new,16gb,wifi) on olx @15k. It's hard to believe so. Do people sell stolen items there? :p

I have an iPad 1 32GB WIFI + 3G on sale if you are interested. PM me.
It is a bit old device. But thanks anyway for the offer.

Sorry, I was busy and had internet problem yesterday so was not able to reply. I've used an HCL Y2 (7inch screen) yesterday and yes reading is better on a 10inch screen but magazine etc are readable with some zooming in. While searching I found some devices named Ainol Novo 9 Spark & Zync Quad 9.7. How do they perform? It seems better VFM @13-15k than a Nook HD+. I found an ipad3(somewhat new,16gb,wifi) on olx @15k. It's hard to believe so. Do people sell stolen items there? :p

If you are considering local and Chinese brands then take a look at iBall Edu-Slide i1017. It is priced in your range and is very very zippy. Vanilla 4.1.2 with Google Play services enabled OOB. The screen is quite nice with good touch response. The built in educational software is crap which I am sure can be removed with rooting and tweaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back