PC Peripherals a decent yet budget 2.1 sound-setup

kyvivek

Disciple
hi guys..

i wanna setup a decent sound 4 the rig that am building.. its a c2d6750 with either a Biostar TP35D2-A7 or Gigabyte GAP35DS3. main applications for sound wud b movies & games and throw in occasional music with that.

i've decided i have 2 get Altec Lansing ATP3 2.1 else my soul won't rest in peace :D .. me bein a super noob, i wonder if i really need a sound card too or wud onboard audio suffice?

awaitin ur comments

regards,
Vivek

yeah onboard sound would be good enough i guess compared to the sb lives and other budget sound cards..but u will notice some difference if you get a high end sound card.

so stick to the onboard..if u r on a tight budget..

i am using my altec lansing ATP 3 with onboard..and enjoying it completely..

You need not get a sound card for ATP 3, I have heard Biostar TP35D2-A7 s sound its really good. Better than Asus mother boards, I would say.

Its available for 2.5k in mumbai...the VS4121 is only a hundred bucks more...I'd yet again suggest to get the VS4121 instead of the ATP3...it sounds slightly better, has a headphone jack and looks better as well(though looks are subjective)..ATP3 has been discontinued and whatever is being sold are only leftovers, tht too more than 2-3 years old... No doubt the atp3 was a brilliant and successful product, but the VS4121 builds on its success and performance and keeps its legacy alive...

They are the ones to grab now if u are looking for a 2.1 system in the 2.5k range..:D

I think its the speaker that will make the difference.

I got a I- Ball speaker for 1100 k (Wooden make) and they sound gr8, i evaluated almost all of them (ARTIS, ALTEC LANSING, LOGITECH, Creative)

but the i-ball one is a real VFM at its price and the wooden speakers sound much better

they might be vfm, but long term reliablity of iBall stuff is seriously suspect (i've used my fair share of iball thingies myself. they do offer the best price to feautures ratio (else i wouldnt be a sucker and buy them:p ) but they dont last :(

ATP3 /VS4121 for 2.5-3 K
Kiplish Promedia 2.1 - 6-7 K
MX 5021 - 8k
FX 6021 - 11kK

If u prefer 2.0 SQ setup. Nothing beats Audioengine AE2 - 10K or Kiplish Promedia 2.0 - 6-7K

Dunno much abt creative..they do have some good stuff. But then for basic 2.1 SPL setup...I prefer Altec Lansing/creative/Kiplish Anyday!

Elito

Avoid logitech crap.

Back