PC Peripherals A few words about my DELL S2240L.

kaduvag

Disciple
Sorry for my bad English.
After a long search in reviews and forums I bought this one for my PC set-up. I found mixed opinions in different reviews in which many users saying its glossy panel and 7milli second response time are major drawbacks. I like Glossy panel. Many laptops and touch mobiles have glossy panel. So it is not unfamiliar to us. In a discussion about LED/LCD panel and response time I read response time below 10 m.s cannot catch by human eye. So I ordered one for me and one for my brother -in – law from snap deal.
Look at the pictures.
2013-06-26 15.56.08.jpg2013-07-01 17.49.11.jpg2013-07-01 17.53.39.jpg2013-07-01 17.54.26.jpg2013-07-01 17.54.40.jpg2013-07-01 17.55.12.jpg2013-07-01 17.56.40.jpg2013-07-01 17.57.30.jpg2013-07-01 18.04.58.jpg

The box contains power cable, VGA cable, power adapter(this monitor is very thin hence have a external power adapter like laptop charger), monitor leg, CD and manual everything packed as usual.
We can fit the monitor to its leg with bare hands.
Here u can see the reflection of my room’s window in the glossy panel.
After connecting it to my CPU I opened some of my family photos. I felt noticeable change in colour from the previous monitor.. This IPS panel adds reality to our pictures videos etc. I like its contrast ratio because the darkest portion on the screen while playing movies were really black. So articles in room were reflected there, that is not a problem to me (may be this is a negative point to others).

I played games and HD movies , I couldn’t find any ghosting or lag.
This monitor has an HDMI port too. Dell didn’t proved HDMI cable. I am using a nithocavo gaming HDMI cable for connecting it to my CPU.

In my personal opinion this is a good choice for movies and games.

I agree that the monitor is glossy while dark - Else not when displaying bright images on screen. I too did not face any ghosting issues.

They should provide a HDMI cable and a USB port for power for audio - the lack of which is a serious minus. And I think the panel on front was made of cheap plastic - they could have put a glass panel?

And finally, had to RMA my piece two weeks back - top notch service by Dell.

Back