A Flash Game I developed using the Box2D Physics Engine!

voidzero

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I made this game in Adobe Flash using ActionScript3 and with the use of a 2D Physics Engine for Flash called Box2D. It's the first true "game" i've developed.

Would love comments/feedback/criticisms, well I won't love criticisms but what the hell! :)

Would love to connect with fellow "actionscripters" if any here on the forums.

View SWF File

Please give it some time to load, it's around 1.2MBs.

Use ARROW keys to MOVE and SPACE to JUMP.

Cheers!
Abhishek

Nice one Abhishek.

Some inputs

1. There seems to be some(minor) lag in keyboard response.

2. In 2nd level I got stuck between 3 wooden logs and the dune. And the jump was not high enough to get out.

@mk76: Thanks for your feedback. Yeah the "Zorb" does get stuck in places. There's another "black hole" in level1 between the jump and the bench! ;) Don't think i'll be fixing it though since the project is done and dusted. :)

Actually this was my first time developing a game using a physics engine. When I took it up I didn't know shit about how I was going to do it, just knew that it could be done! Basically learnt my way through the development process! Was an amazing trip!

nice game but a bit buggy. i finished the 3rd level and then the ball vanished after passing the finishing line.

@varz: sorry I didn't explain this before. thing is this is a version of the game i've just hosted so I can share it with friends. the game on the live site, on completion of the 3rd level calls a form which records scores etc. since this is not hosted on the live site nothing really happens here post the 3rd level. It's meant to be so. My bad!

voidzero said:
Hi Guys,

I made this game in Adobe Flash using ActionScript3 and with the use of a 2D Physics Engine for Flash called Box2D. It's the first true "game" i've developed.

Would love comments/feedback/criticisms, well I won't love criticisms but what the hell! :)

Would love to connect with fellow "actionscripters" if any here on the forums.

View SWF File

Please give it some time to load, it's around 1.2MBs.

Use ARROW keys to MOVE and SPACE to JUMP.

Cheers!
Abhishek

Really nice work. makes me rem'ber Nitro Truck

Dang ! I spent a few minutes wondering how to play the game. :p

Would be helpful if you had a HOME screen with some Instructions & Options.

Try adding some BG music as well.

Nice work though !

thetoxicmind said:
Dang ! I spent a few minutes wondering how to play the game. :p

Would be helpful if you had a HOME screen with some Instructions & Options.
Try adding some BG music as well.

Nice work though !

Glad you liked it. The instructions are actually a part of the file that loads this game on the live site. I didn't want to share the live link since it involves registration and I know it would have been a big put off for the folks here. Cheers!

Loved playing it.
gr8 work

u said, u were doing this as a part of project, i was curious to know.. what r u pursuing for which u have to submit this sort of projects..?

@ajonnet: Thanks for the comments. By "project" I really meant a "freelance project". You see I am a Flash Architect working with a Ad Agency called Rediffusion Y&R in Bombay. I also work on interesting freelance projects such as this one as and when they come along.

Back