A friend need advice regarding job offer

irfanlai

Adept
Hi,

My friend got selected in L&T Infotech Mumbai for Testing job. He is having 5+ years of experience.

Interview was on Saturday 17th March 2012 and HR told him that he is selected and they will get back to him next week by Monday/Tuesday with the offer.

Now its Wednesday and he hasn't received any call or mails and he is getting impatient. He doesn't want to call them and show that he is desperate to get this job for bargaining the package (Note - He is despo to join this company)

He had gone there via a referral and he also got the update from HR that the candidate is selected. Now his referral is on leave so he cant get any more update.

So do they offer late or what should he do. Please advice.

If they have given a definite timeline, then ask him to wait for day or two after that and call. HR people can get pretty lazy (regardless of the company) and they often forget doing their work unless reminded.

A polite follow up does not necessarily indicate desperation...and may also indicate that he is really interested and not just hunting for the most lucrative option

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Don't ask them hr personnel are always lazy.

BTW - Why does he wants to join LT it's not a great company

Finally he got the call from HR after his referral ping the HR for update.....they gave him salary proposal which he accepted and now medical test on Saturday and then offer letter

Don't ask them hr personnel are always lazy.

BTW - Why does he wants to join LT it's not a great company

Why LT not a great company? any personal exp?

They really work like snail. My friend told that 1st they offered him Salary structure which he approved then medical next week then some commitments after 2 days and now waiting for Offer letter. He was asking whether this is really worth waiting and working like this way.

Seriously? I have heard good things about L&T from many sources. Why do you think so?

There is poor work culture and too much of politics and work is meh too.

I say again unless u get onsite it companies are shit and useless.

We have vendor at our firm and productivity of our 1 employee = 10 of those Infy, Wipro tcs

^ you are gonna touch a lot of nerves here with that dingo
<

L&T Infotech for testing is good. There are good lot of onsite oppurtunities.

But most of the HR policies aint good and lot of politics.

Oh, you guys are talking about L&T Infotech. Most of my friends are Mechanical Engineers, onsite job, they seem to be satisfied with their job.

Not sure what kind of work they do as far i know there are only few projects which involves some good work ? Though the definition of good work differs from person to person

#vantheman5211

You cannot deny the truth
<

Back