Budget Above 40k A good camera android phone for my mom...

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 35k-55k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: >5.6", AMOLED, OLED

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G , 5G optional

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No apple phone

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, Camera , Camera...

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Single.. dual is also ok.,

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New or Used.. if its good , then its fine.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Good camera alone.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Pixel 7 , Samsung S21FE , Samsuing S22 , Oneplus something...

My mom takes nice photos with her current oneplus 5 phone (my old phone...) and i want to upgrade her to better camera setup.

I narrowed down to Pixel 6a/7 (from MKBHD recent camera video) .Even thought 6a and 7 pro were top , i assume 7 is similar to 7 pro in camera quality , even though it lacks the telephoto lens. Kindly cmiiw. Even if not i assume its at the same league like 6a and 7 pro.

Doing more research , found the battery charging takes ages. Currently OP5 charges almost at the same rate , but slightly better i suppose.

Also i saw photos reviews for samsung s22 , too much artificial colors.

Kindly suggest a good phone , ifs its going to P7 , kindly tell me where to get with proper warranty.

Battery ?

pixel 7 on amazon is atleast a week away for delivery

pixel 7 on flipkart is ridiculously high with 59k

s22 on amazon is 50k with card offers.

i need phone ny thursaday max to set up the phone for her.

go to Reliance Digital or any other physical shop and buy. Collect across the table & you can even check if there is a phone or a Vim bar inside the box without taking a video :)

Reason for suggesting Reliance is they generally extend online offers called brand offers. I bought a Tab S8 like that.

go to Reliance Digital or any other physical shop and buy. Collect across the table & you can even check if there is a phone or a Vim bar inside the box without taking a video :)

Reason for suggesting Reliance is they generally extend online offers called brand offers. I bought a Tab S8 like that.
i didnt know RD has pixel 7 in thier shop..
Because i enquired all shops in tamilnadu - Poorvika , Chennai mobiles , Darling etc.. All said Pixel 7 is exclusive to online only.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE : (Latest and possibly final)
package arrived. Did a video recording of the opening. everything checked and delivery guy waited till the phone booted, very patient. All seems to work fine.

SEt her up most of the things , everything was backed up to cloud and downloaded from there.

Gave her a tour of the camera , she liked it. I installed LENS apps also , which will come handy for her during her tour.

I played with the phone , it was nice to hold and pretty quick. Phone did get very hot , but from the reviews and articles , this is expected for few days it seems.

updated the phone to latest version. Pretty happy overall. The pictures were also great. She tried and was happy , but some pics were focused wrongly , so i told her how to focus based on touch.

Lets see....

Thanks to everyone who helped me. Much appreciated guys.

Flipkarts open box thing is such a bummer ... Spoils the entire experience of opening the phone. FK EM

Last edited:
Battery is not bad actually.. Even in the initial days.
Charging is a little longer , compared to my oneplus 7 pro..

Camera is tooo good , puts my OP7Pro cam to shame..(it was never there to compete in the first place though.. LOL)

The OS tweaks for pixel is also pretty weirdly good.

There are tons of niche features which makes Pixel series very different imo... For eg : the clear call feature ,

Last edited:
Battery is not bad actually.. Even in the initial days.
Charging is a little longer , compared to my oneplus 7 pro..

Camera is tooo good , puts my OP7Pro cam to shame..(it was never there to compete in the first place though.. LOL)

The OS tweaks for pixel is also pretty weirdly good.

There are tons of niche features which makes Pixel series very different imo... For eg : the clear call feature ,
Congrats!
How are the thermals? Does it get heated while using camera/ during heavy tasks?

Back