PC Peripherals A good flat bed scanner preferably HP - suggestions plz !!!

anfjavid

Skilled
I am looking for a good HP scanner (right choice i think) within 5k which can scan A4 and legal sheets particularly..

Please provide me the options. Still i have not enquired about it any of the shops in Richie street, Chennai. Will let you guys know the models available in the market..

TIA

Scanning legal sheets (in one go) are not possible in most low end scanners. the screen size is max 8.5"x11" exactly, which is A4 size. if you're looking to scan legal documents you'll need to search hard for those type of scanners, since they are rare.

^ thanks for pointing that out. The A4 size we get here is of the ISO standard as mentioned by Gannu and the scanner bed is just enough to fit this paper.
A Legal paper is around 3 inches longer than this size (from wiki link Gannu mentioned) so it will not fit.

You can use any a4 scanner and use Scan n Stitch Software Scan-n-Stitch Deluxe — Advanced stitching technology creates perfect digital copies of large sized items in just seconds
it can be used for scanning Legal Documents on a4 flat bed scanner.
No great effort needed, its easy
I personally used this software,its really good, You can get legal scan with 2scans of each documents and stitch using this software

Even On canon AIO, Canon MP Navigator EX 3.0 software scan has an option to use stitch assistance b4 or a3 or Platenx2 or 11x17" and use crop feature to get desire document to legal size,its more complicated and you need to use crop feature well to get good output

thanx to all for your responses. Finally picked up the canon LIDE 110. Its compatible with letter and A4 size papers. If the written area in a legal paper is 1" from the edge on all sides then there is no issue for scanning legal papers also. It satisfies my needs and very compact without a power cord as it draws power from the USB port itself...

Back