Budget Above 40k a good foldable

Leshy

Disciple
Hi guys i am looking for a unique foldable phone which i can also use as a laptop from time to time
something other than the z-fold 5. Currently using iPhone 14 pro max this is an additional phone

PS: what is the procedure to import a phone

Hi guys i am looking for a unique foldable phone which i can also use as a laptop from time to time
something other than the z-fold 5. Currently using iPhone 14 pro max this is an additional phone

Techno has also one fold phone launched in india this year for 80-90k i guess

Don't have any suggestion, but just curious - how do you mean
use as a laptop
?

If you mean without avoiding duty tax, just purchase from a vendor that does international shipping. The shipping agency will pay your duty tax to deliver to you. You can pay them for the duty tax as COD.
If you want to avoid duty tax, someone will have to buy & bring it for you through customs as a 'personal item' and I think the box shouldn't be sealed.

After using the Z Fold 2 for half a year, I'd honestly advise against making the switch, especially for iPhone users. I have to concede, even after five years, seeing a foldable phone is a rarity, so it's a conversation starter. But I doubt you can use it like a laptop tbh. Get an ipad for that purpose. The downside of foldables is the software. Majority of Android apps haven't caught up to maximizing the use of foldable display in a logical manner. A bunch either stretch or just become wider. And apps like HDFC, IDFC Bank, every neobank startup I've tried, are just not user-friendly on this device. - I genuinely wonder how Bill Gates feels using a Z Fold. Many Microsoft apps seem a bit off on the foldable display, though Outlook works well.

@PH0ENiX

Google is now urging developers for better app support for bigger screens.

This might've just convinced me stick with the fold for a bit longer! Quite refreshing to see: “To promote high-quality apps that shine on large screens, we’ve made several ranking changes to boost quality across Play. Apps and games that adhere to our large screen app quality guidelines will now be ranked higher in search and Apps and Games Home.” I hope things change for the better.

After using the Z Fold 2 for half a year, I'd honestly advise against making the switch, especially for iPhone users. I have to concede, even after five years, seeing a foldable phone is a rarity, so it's a conversation starter. But I doubt you can use it like a laptop tbh. Get an ipad for that purpose. The downside of foldables is the software. Majority of Android apps haven't caught up to maximizing the use of foldable display in a logical manner. A bunch either stretch or just become wider. And apps like HDFC, IDFC Bank, every neobank startup I've tried, are just not user-friendly on this device. - I genuinely wonder how Bill Gates feels using a Z Fold. Many Microsoft apps seem a bit off on the foldable display, though Outlook works well.
the catch with foldables is that you will like them if you prefer a browser over apps.
Despite being a fully entrenched Apple user who dabbled with androids every few users, I had never found one that I prefer over an iPhone - until I ran into the fold 4.

The only difference i can think why my usage experience is so different from yours is my preference for browsers over apps, wherever possible. Or At least over apps that are effectively browser wrappers .

Having said that, my banking apps continue to remain on iOS so that could also have helped - but overall, I do really like the fold 4 .. Mobile browsers tend to be a sad and poor cousin of the desktop/tablet experience and the fold devices are the closest you can get to having a pocket sized tablet that‘s always with you..

but yes, one cant really use a foldable as a laptop replacement

Back