A good PDA?

if you've got the money to splurge, nothing comes close the Xperia. However a little insight into the intended usage might help ppl suggest you better/more VFM alternatives.

hey sorry guys for this vague information :|

i don't wanna buy any right now.. well i was about to buy one when i started this post :p but it got scrapped...

i jus want to know about the best pda currently in the market.. irrespective of the price.. :)

hey thanks.. its a nice phone..

anyway now i think i will be buying a new phone..

and i have two options.

one is the iphone 3g and the other is the nokia 5800 which one to go for?

i will get iphone for around 25-26k and nokia 5800 for around 21k

Sumeet a.k.a NEO said:
and i have two options.

iPhone 3G.

Sumeet a.k.a NEO said:
ah.. one more very silly question..
can we install apps via pc or do we have to always download [ as in buy ]them from the net?

You can install Apps from your PC via iTunes or directly through the iPhone's "App Store" App.

The App Store has both paid and free Apps.

Roxtin said:
from my side TyTnII

Have u ever even used the TYTN II?

It has a processor for which there exists no official graphics drivers. As a consequence the interface and most apps lag. Also most 3D applications fail to run on it or run very badly.

The Marvell XScale processors are much better than that processor.

If you want to know about the best PDA that money can buy right now, I think the HTC Touch HD is a bit better than the Sony Ericsson Xperia.

Sumeet a.k.a NEO said:
and i have two options.

From where are u getting the 3G iPhone for 25-26k? As far as I remember, its official price is 29k on the Vodafone connection.

But between these two, I favour the Nokia 5800 more since it has a removable battery, can send files using bluetooth, can run java games and has a really stellar battery life.

SO u want a GSM !!

WHy don't u look at HTC?? They have great models & all VFM..

Go for windows mobile as Pal OS will die its own death in 2009 as per Top 9 Technology predictions..(( DO a google)

And ofcourse u have the Top End - Blackberry..

But as mentioned by others on thispost.. u need to be specific whether u want a business phone or a Jab We met type phone...

ok guys till now i wasn't sure if i will be buying a phone..

and now i am confirmed i will be buying one..

so here we go..

• I am gonna sell my current phone [ Samsung F480 a.k.a Tocco] which is 2-3 months old only. :ashamed: Though it has a great 5MP camera.. I can hardly install any applications on it :mad: I can't install anything directly from my pc and if i like any free app i have to download it directly on my phone which costs me like 1p per KB! so Rs 3 per app [approx if app =300KB]

I want a phone..

• Which would come in the Budget of 20 to 25k

• Which could use the internet in the best way possible. I would then shift to the unlimited gprs plan of vodafone [If there exists any, dat is]

• Which would have a great app support.

• If possible a good enough camera as well because i take loads of pictures when ever am with friends or at college :p Which i suppose won't be possible cos i am shifting from a 5MP cam :(

• As for music, I have a bluetooth stereo head set but i always prefer my good ol' ipod classic :D

Some key points:

1> my mom is using the htc touch.. and i really like the windows mobile a lot.. but i think it does not have many apps out there for it as compared to the iphone. I searched a lot on the net didn't find any good games either.. :| Found Age of Empire Gold edition for ppc but its demo doesnt work on htc touch??:S

2>The Iphone satisfies my 3rda nd the 4th point about internet and app support

3>Java based phones suck? cos i hardly see any good graphic softwares/games for java phones..

so bottom line:- PDA+Great App Support[like in iphone]+The Best Browsing Experience

if possible please give the current market price of the recommended phones too..

Rest of the details i will add as soon as they come to me lol :p

Thank You! :)

Back