A good phone for 12K max

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
May 12, 2009
Hyderabad,AP
about.me
Hi guys.
I am looking for a cool new phone for 12K max..(extend to 12.5K max )
It will be used for 3 years and MUSIC is my main priority...
I need it to have:
1)Good camera(3.2MP or more)
2)Superb audio quality
3)WiFi not much required...
4)3g is required...
5)Good UI
I will also use it for messaging(about 30Msg per day min)...

Here are a few of my considerations:
Sony ericsson Hazel
Samsung galaxy spica
If there is any other android phone around 12K which we can upgrade to froyo also please tell me...
Symbian is also ok...
I need it main for Music and good storage (8gb card min is what i will buy)...

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
May 12, 2009
Hyderabad,AP
about.me
Hmm...

What do you personally like mate...

I felt the 5800XM abit slow when i used it...

yari has no wifi so Hazel is a better alternative for it...

Any other suggestions mate...

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
May 12, 2009
Hyderabad,AP
about.me
n79 is good mate..

I saw it yesterday for 11.5K or 12.5K ...

But its discontinued officially na...

W705 is ok...Abit old mate...

Any other OS based phones?

hey whats the price for N86 or N85??

tell me if it is in my budget or not...

I seriously doubt it though..

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
5800XM. High on multimedia, and as for the 'slow' OS, there are 100s of custom firmwares out there which work like a charm. I myself use a custom firmware, and it is much faster than what Nokia released.

maheshr

Disciple
Sep 25, 2008
hey dont go for w705. one of my friend have it.

he said that its a crap.

he already chaged its keypad. also the chip.

modifii

Disciple
Dec 22, 2009
I am using 5800 since last 8 months and updated firmware (no custom fw) periodically. I never felt 5800 performing slow. I would rather say its a multimedia workhorse (for that price). It can do any job thrown at it by todays standards.

People say that its touch sensitivity is bad but before using it you must know that it has resistive touch and it needs to be pressed a little to register touch. Better way is to have it operated by your thumb nail. I personally like resistive touch as there will be no accidental touch which is annoying in capacitive touch.

Camera is fine, not good under dark area. But in daylight it takes amazing detailed pictures. Compared to Spica it has dual LED flash.

Music output is very good, very rich i would say. It may not sound extremely loud in earphones. But sound output is enough to rock any audiophile's head. Also, stereo speakers are awesome, i must say.

Comes with OVI Music voucher (i think unlimited download). Best way to get licensed songs with quality.

Comes with lifetime free navigation worldwide. Also the battery backup is good.

OVI app store is decent enough to have freebees everyday.

Comes with 8 GB on board (microSD). Also it has high resolution display 360x640 as compared to Spica's 320x480.

No matter what people say about S60 v5 but it is the best geeky OS ever. You will find a new app everyday (almost). Costomised firmwares and modding makes this os unbeatable.

Apart from making phones Nokia is more interested in providing class leading software support. It keeps updating things every now and then. I personally like that. Your phone never go old if you keep updating.

No offence to Spica fans (me too like it btw :) ) but i think 5800 is difficult beat at this price band. Only minus is that 5800 doesn't support DivX codec. But there are lot of converters available to convert to mp4.

I did not compared 5800 with Spica point to point so did not mentioned much about Spica (i know large amount of Spica fans out there).

Thanks for reading such a large post, i was sitting free so thought why not write something. :)

PS: You need to hack it to utilise its full potential, free :cool2:.

Reactions: 1 person

Spectre

Skilled
Jun 5, 2007
I have seen video playback on 5800, it cant stand anywhere near Spica
Also, much better touchscreen, Android OS 2.1 (best ratio of free aps out of all the OS)
3.2 incher, very good audio output, awesome looks and all bells and whistles in terms of connectivity, divx

You just cant go wrong with the Spica

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
May 12, 2009
Hyderabad,AP
about.me
Ok guys....

Saw the pics and all..

thanks alot for your info till now.

One last question..

What is the release date of:

C6 and its expected price

HTC Wildfire and its expected price..

Thats all i need to know now..

Please reply...

Still confused between 5800XM and Spica..