Laptops a good time to buy a laptop?

Rivunited

Adept
i will be going to the US in a weeks time,

so i wanted to ask all the laptop experts is it a good idea if i go and buy a laptop right away or is there a price drop/new range coming soon?

i checked out some dell laptops as i heard they are very vfm,

this is what i have so far as my budget is $1700 (can extend it if worth it),

XPS M1330

rig1.gif

COSTING : $1,653.00

XPS M1530

rig2.gif

COSTING : $1,623.00

ill be ordering them online as soon as i reach there.

what suggestions do u guys have.. should i go with the XPS that i customized or should i check out the Vostro series aswell??

i was thinking xps because i want a little casual gaming also on the laptop.

i noticed some thing really weird, the M1330 is more expensive than the M1530 even though its got a bad video card and a smaller screen size. :S :S

PS. if anyone knows, what is the max resolution the M1330 (WLED) can support and the max M1530 can support?

i also saw this on the dell site:

screen.gif

can anyone explain me what the advantages are of having a ccfl display? :S :S

anyway hoping for some good advise.

thanks in advance. :) :)

yes,penryn and santa rosa refresh are coming in about a months time.

CCFL is used as the backlight,used in most lcd monitor,tv et all..

LED back lighting is the newer technology,uses an array of LED for back lighting.

CCFL has a few disadvantages like back light bleed/un-uniformness,it cannot display full NTSC color gamut (basically color range)..

so i guess its a better choice if i wait till end of jan?

and u said penryn refresh, so those are still the dualcore chips or the quad (in case of laptops).

If you're getting a Dell from the US make sure you apply some awesome coupons you can get online. Best site to get them is Notebookreview.

Dell Coupons

Also check out the notebookreview forums for user experiences, some nice tips on US order and all your other possible queries. Their Dell section has like a billion posts. Infact its great reference for even people who want to order from India on small questions like whether to get a truelife screen or not etc.

Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion - Powered by vBulletin

Rivunited said:
so i guess its a better choice if i wait till end of jan?

and u said penryn refresh, so those are still the dualcore chips or the quad (in case of laptops).

I said santa rosa refresh (the platform) and penryn (Microprocessor,the 45nm shrink of core2) :)

These are still duals for laptops,although there is a quad for notebook slated for q2 08,which i should imagine will be very expensive..

Back