A good webcam that isn't crap

Ssreek

Adept
So since last year, I have been managing work-related video calls with Droidcam app and phone (The office pc doesn't have a webcam). Now that they have recently updated our systems, I can no longer install such apps due to restrictions. Looking to buy a webcam, that is atleast good as per current standards.

For example, my colleagues bought Logitech C270 most of them, but I never liked the quality that comes, it is almost crappy.
There are other models like Lenovo Webcam, Redragon GW800, Mi webcam, etc. There are youtube videos on them but I am not able to clearly understand which is good.
For some reason Redragon one looks better, but I am not sure.

So can you suggest a good webcam (that is around 3k if possible, but can invest a little more if it's good)?
Any workarounds are also welcome.

Please don't say Logitech C920, that will be way too costly for the intended use.

How good is lighting in your room? Webcams mainly depend on your room lighting.

Dont expect Droid cam type of clarity for Rs 3000 webcam. I have bought lenovo 300 FHD. Video quality is decent. but it has a weird wide angle lens.

Check this video

How good is lighting in your room? Webcams mainly depend on your room lighting.

Lighting is okay, I even have a table lamp and the light can bounce off the wall, nothing pro, but decent.

Dont expect Droid cam type of clarity for Rs 3000 webcam.

That's the prob with these manufacturers. I guess nobody made a good webcam in budget even if it doesn't cost that much. I mean, some of us don't even need microphone in the webcam, just a good video quality would've been nice, but nobody seems to make such a thing.

can you login into phone and use zoom/teams from the phone itself for video? I think that would be a good workaround
Dont take any in wide angle video camera . They are unusable as angle is so wide whole room is covered. I have lenovo one as in Youtube .
I use the same webcam, and used to use obs camera for cropping video. now i am using the camera as is without cropping. even though the room is visible i don't think other people will mind about your room.

just use your mobile with iriun webcam software. as u said u don't want to use a expensive cam like c920 or c922pro (personally using it), that's the best option. rest are not that great and don't even invest in them.

can you login into phone and use zoom/teams from the phone itself for video? I think that would be a good workaround

It could be possible but how do we mount phone parallel to the monitor? Till now I was using a messy method of using clips+books and I am tired of such cumbersome method...One of the reasons to buy webcam is, to get rid of this mess as well.
Edit: One prob from this method is, when I have to share something from the pc.

just use your mobile with iriun webcam software. as u said u don't want to use a expensive cam like c920 or c922pro (personally using it), that's the best option. rest are not that great and don't even invest in them.
ivcam from e2esoft is also good alternative.

As I already mentioned in the first post, we cannot install any software in office pc.

It could be possible but how do we mount phone parallel to the monitor? Till now I was using a messy method of using clips+books and I am tired of such cumbersome method...One of the reasons to buy webcam is, to get rid of this mess as well.
Edit: One prob from this method is, when I have to share something from the pc.

As I already mentioned in the first post, we cannot install any software in office pc.
then just use obs ninja , I think its a web base solution. nothing more can be done as the budget constrain is the dilemma.

I own Lenovo FHD Webcam. Although the video quality is fine, the FOV is too much for a webcam.

Mi FHD Webcam has a FOV of 71 degrees which is okay (Lenovo has 95 degrees). I don't know about the video quality of Mi webcam but it should be more or less like Lenovo only.

I own Lenovo FHD Webcam. Although the video quality is fine, the FOV is too much for a webcam.

Mi FHD Webcam has a FOV of 71 degrees which is okay (Lenovo has 95 degrees). I don't know about the video quality of Mi webcam but it should be more or less like Lenovo only.
Its a good webcam, using it myself. But I wonder how the Mobiles have been moving to 20 MP and Webcams - be it standalone or on laptops still suck.

I use the same webcam, and used to use obs camera for cropping video. now i am using the camera as is without cropping. even though the room is visible i don't think other people will mind about your room.
Havent you seen enough bloopers when people are doing Zoom ?
Lenovo FOV is very big for me

But I wonder how the Mobiles have been moving to 20 MP and Webcams - be it standalone or on laptops still suck.
Even when there is demand, nobody is willing to make.

By the way, I'm still waiting to see if someone would comment on Redragon webcam and other HP, Fingers webcam etc.

@khalil As per the youtube video you suggested, that was helpful..
But I noticed something strange, I tried the same webcam test website (as in that video) with phone and droidcam app, strangely, the test results show that I'm only getting 21 Fps and 2MP inspite of trying with different mobiles.

Havent you seen enough bloopers when people are doing Zoom ?
Lenovo FOV is very big for me
I use the webcam for interviews and close the room so that no one enters and clean all the things in visible range from camera. If you have a powerful cpu you could just use background blur in zoom for privacy. My ryzen 2200g does not support that feature.

But in my opinion give the price it is a decent option.

@Ssreek if you want we can connect once and i can show you my webcam

So since last year, I have been managing work-related video calls with Droidcam app and phone (The office pc doesn't have a webcam). Now that they have recently updated our systems, I can no longer install such apps due to restrictions. Looking to buy a webcam, that is atleast good as per current standards.

For example, my colleagues bought Logitech C270 most of them, but I never liked the quality that comes, it is almost crappy.
There are other models like Lenovo Webcam, Redragon GW800, Mi webcam, etc. There are youtube videos on them but I am not able to clearly understand which is good.
For some reason Redragon one looks better, but I am not sure.

So can you suggest a good webcam (that is around 3k if possible, but can invest a little more if it's good)?
Any workarounds are also welcome.

Please don't say Logitech C920, that will be way too costly for the intended use.
Lenovo 300 FHD Webcam @ 2.14k
I am using this and this is wide angle camera. Superb 1080p Webcam.

Back