A-gps & MTS Crashing issue in Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant.

big.bad.boi

Disciple
Hey guys i need some help here, its been real long time since i've been having problem with MTS crashing since then i mount up SD card but now i am looking for some solution that clears out this issue & also My phone is not able to catch Latitude & Longitude, clearly it seems the problem is with A-GPS, the following are the steps i have tried but did not get the result, Please help me solve this issue.

Steps tried to solve A-GPS issue.

* Step 1 -- Open menu > settings > Location & Security. Uncheck the box next to "Use Wireless Networks"
* Step 2 -- Open the dialer (the phone button) and enter the following: *#*#1472365#*#* . Then press "send" to open the Vibrant's LbsTestMode menu.
* Step 3 -- In the LBSTestMode menu, press “Application Settings†and change “Operation Mode†to “MS Based.â€
* Step 4 -- In the LBSTestMode menu, find “SUPL/CP Settings†and change the SERVER & PORT to supl.google.com and port 7276 (DO NOT use www. in front of supl !)
* Step 5 -- Reboot your phone.
* Step 6 -- Open menu > settings > Location & Security. Check the box next to "Use Wireless Networks"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disable ‘Use Wireless Networks’ under Settings —> Location and Security

Go into LbsTestMode (*#*#1472365#*#*)

Go to Application Settings

Enable MS-Based Mode

Increase Accuracy to 100

Leave the rest stock

Return to the main LbsTestMode menu

Go to SUPL/CP Settings

Select the Serve FQDN Type drop down menu
Hit AUTO Config
Exit to the dialer and reboot your Vibrant twice for good measure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 – Dial *#*#1472365#*#*

2 – Go outside to get an unimpeded GPS fix.

3 – Choose Delete GPS Data button.

4 – Choose Get Position Test button. Let it run for 3 min or until you have 10 to 12 Sat locks and back out.

MTS as in the service provider MTS ? :S

As far as GPS/A-GPS is concerned, Galaxy S and its variants are probably the worst of the current-gen phones! The issue is partially hardware and partially software related, is what I learn from xda-dev forum!

Back