Budget Above 25K A high-end Sony or LG Phone?

braingerm

Recruit
Hey guys, I am looking forward to sell off my old Nexus S and switch on to a new brand. So the Nexus S' amount will be reduced from the phone itself. This could be preferably a Sony or an LG... no Samsung please because I need to experience a new UI. I want it mainly for clicking great pics and high quality music (have JVC Marshmallow earphones to go with that). Also, where in Mumbai can I get a good buyback deal?

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: 25k-30k (including the price of old Nexus S)
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: TFT/LCD
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Sony/LG
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 8MP-13MP camera. Flash.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, music and internet.
10. Any other requirements?
A: S
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Very confused between Xperia family. Few sub-25k+ LG phones are also great.

Bought Optimus G paying 20k. 7k for my old phone. :)

Camera quality is not up to the mark. Grainy indoor pics. While some photos also look over-saturated. Not 13mp worthy. But then if you take extra effort with some settings it might just turn out to be fine.

It was an impulse buy like all other phones. Sound quality is great. Phone is buttery, display is superb.

I think this one can keep me happy for next 1.5 years. Quite much left to try out. And yeah, no case for it yet in the market. :(

Bought Optimus G paying 20k. 7k for my old phone. :)

It was an impulse buy like all other phones. Sound quality is great. Phone is buttery, display is superb.

I think this one can keep me happy for next 1.5 years. Quite much left to try out.
Nice deal

Camera quality is not up to the mark. Grainy indoor pics. While some photos also look over-saturated. Not 13mp worthy. But then if you take extra effort with some settings it might just turn out to be fine.
When will you confirm that ?

auto might not be the best, manual will get you better.

iso 100, no zoom, flash. if flash is too poerful stick some tissue over it.

From the comparison videos i've seen the optimus g produces sharper pictures than the xperia z range.

And yeah, no case for it yet in the market. :(
You'll have to get these from abroad. There are few out there which are attractive.

Back