A huge leak may have just revealed the Galaxy S6’s monster specs

booo

BA BA BA BABANANA
Skilled
Various reports have claimed that Samsung is designing its next-gen top Android handset from scratch in an attempt to reinvent its flagship smartphone, as the previous Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S4 failed to really impress buyers. A new report from Chinese publication cnmo.com suggests that the Galaxy S6 might have already been spotted in AnTuTu, with the benchmark app having possibly revealed the phone’s specs in the process.

According to a leaked screenshot, the Galaxy S6 has model number SM-G925F, and it supposedly packs a 5.5-inch display with 2560 x 1440 (QHD) resolution, a 64-bit octa-core Exynos processor, an ARM Mali-T760 GPU, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, a 20-megapixel rear camera, a 5-megapixel front-facing camera and Android 5.0 Lollipop.

However, Samsung is far from actually announcing the handset and it’s not clear when Samsung plans to launch it in the first place. Even if the benchmark is accurate, things may very well change by the time Samsung unveils its next-gen Galaxy S flagship phone.

A recent report claimed that certain performance issues with the 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor might delay the launch of several top Android devices, including the Galaxy S6. Samsung is expected to launch two Galaxy S6 versions when it comes to processors, one sporting an Exynos SoC and the other packing Qualcomm’s latest chip.

A screenshot showing the leaked AnTuTu benchmark showing the SM-G925F handset that’s believed to be the Galaxy S6 follows below.

galaxy-s6-antutu-benchmark-specs-1.jpg

Source: http://bgr.com/2014/12/05/galaxy-s6-rumors-specs/

Google really need to work on optimization of android,
For God sake mobile device don't need that much power to run it smoothly...
Google need to learn one or two things from Apple regarding os and battery optimization..

Google need to learn one or two things from Apple regarding os and battery optimization..
But specs like these make easier when you are arguing with iFanboys, win-win :D

Also there needs to be some control on how much memory apps use.... FB goes crazy with over 100~150mb of usage...
Messenger alone apart from FB consumes about 75-100mb.... Thats insane....

Also there needs to be some control on how much memory apps use.... FB goes crazy with over 100~150mb of usage...
Messenger alone apart from FB consumes about 75-100mb.... Thats insane....
On iPhones, which has very low RAM, FB runs fine.

I had iPhone 4, running 6.1.1 with latest version of FB/Messenger. Both were just fine. iPhone 4 has 512mb RAM.

On iPhones, which has very low RAM, FB runs fine.

I had iPhone 4, running 6.1.1 with latest version of FB/Messenger. Both were just fine. iPhone 4 has 512mb RAM.
Whats your point???? And we are talking Samsung and Android here... Not IOS.
New devices have 2/3GB RAM doesn't mean apps should grab it all....
SO there needs to be some optimization and check on how much memory any application consumes....
Or soon Android might go the Windows way..... Every new major version requiring a substantial hardware upgrade....

Anyways.... Samsung will surely up their game with S6 resulting the below expectation sale figures of S5.

Samsung is doing or trying to do too many things at once, and that is what is creating all the problems.

Inspite of the below expectation sale, IMHO s5 is perhaps one of the best phone in the market right now and has been for the past year or so.
I am myself an iOS user and dont like the poorly coded android apps, But If someone puts a gun to my head and asks me to choose a retail android flagship, I will go for the S5.
No major issues with the durability(Vis-a-vis Z3/Z3c) , great battery life and a stonker of a screen/Camera combo make it a winner in my books....
Also the fact that it does look so unassuming does help in some circles, he he.
And now available in dual sim.. ;)

Whenever Apple decides to start making iOS on par with Android in its capabilities as an OS they will start facing the same problems. I hope you realize that they didn't enable multi-processing and task switching capabilities in the iOS for several generations because it cannot handle the battery drain.

Of course Android has its own problems, but iOS still is nowhere close to being a true smart-phone OS. Even Windows Phone 8.1 is in a better position. iOS still fits more into the feature phone (multimedia phones as they were called) category and it is obviously expected that it takes a lesser toll on the battery.

Still all these OS have a lot take from Symbian. People who cared only about snazzy user interfaces loved to hate Symbian, but it was still a smartphone OS that still has no equal in terms of capabilities. It ran on 128MB Ram with full multi-processing capabilities and my first Symbian full touchscreen smartphone back in 2003 used to last 7 days on a single battery change.

The only android phone that came close to matching that without sacrificing the capabilities is my Vibe Z2 Pro. About 30min~1 hour of temple run (or similar) while commuting, few phone calls and WiFi on whole day at office for internet my battery comes down from 100% to somewhere between 88~90%. But then it has a battery that is 3 times the capacity of that of the older symbian phones.

as far as I am concerned, I've used samsung s3, sony xperia z1compact and now the iphone 6. of all the 3 phones, the iphone's and xperia's cameras are very good. bettery life on iphone is very good. and the practicality of the xperia was really awesome. I miss the phone browsing in bath tub.
I would think of buying samsung again if they dont include the junk that comes along with the phone and has a good battery life and is rugged. z3c seems suffice all those ;)

What I would like from android is that they dont just mess up the OS and just ship the plain vanilla OS. so that they only will have to worry about the BSP when they provide updates. I would be so happy if I am able to upgrade the BSP(manufacturer specific libraries/linux kernel) and the OS (android system) seperately. I hate when manufacturers limit the OS to older models.

Samsung days are gone

Now its Xiaomi time.. bring the MI4
*facepalm*
I just hope they make it look more premium and don't screw up the form factor.
Agreed. Just look at LG high end phones. :happy:
But specs like these make easier when you are arguing with iFanboys, win-win :D
this coming from the iProducts fanboy himself. :shifty:
What I would like to see from Samsung is their own custom ROM for Android which should be light and speedy. Any and all "non-important" features and apps etc should be removed. Or in short, more...wait i dont know how to say this, i've forgotten the word for it lol.
Looking at the specs I'm not sure if a 4000 mah battery would be enough. And do people even need these huge specs in the first place? :confused:

i request Samsung to please also include onboard Power Substation , so that we can keep charging the mobile, when all these tera-penta-hexa cores/ram take all juices from battery :D :D

and .5 ton AC will also be a great idea, in order to keep the device cool :D
Hahaha. You made my day!:p

5.5 inch? Isn't that treading in Note territory? I like big screens, used a galaxy note for 2.5 yrs, but I do feel we need more powerful devices in the 4.7" to 5" brackets. For multimedia purpose, a big screen is a huge advantage, but for simple phone activities a 4.7" device is easier to use.

i request Samsung to please also include onboard Power Substation , so that we can keep charging the mobile, when all these tera-penta-hexa cores/ram take all juices from battery :D :D

and .5 ton AC will also be a great idea, in order to keep the device cool :D

may be u should change your id to being.smartphone :p

Back