PC Peripherals A laptop / Desktop ?

crn12

Disciple
Dear All,

I would need your help to make my FIRST home PC, well to be honest iam not even sure if I have to buy a laptop or a home PC.

Let me tell you my req:

1) It has to be a good MUSIC & MOVIE player

2) Good speed & robust in nature

3) Games - like nfs, quake, wrc, etc...

4) A nice Monitor - I am not sure what size would be reqd

5) The complete PC should be robust with commendable speed & I should not have any upgrading desires for the next couple of years

6) HDMI/DVI connectivity

Please suggest a good laptop or a desktop to me, consider me as a novice in this. My budget is also not too great should be available for not more than 35K INR. I am based out of Blore, pl suggest a nice shop where I can approach

Thanks for the time & support!

Cheers, Nitin

Thanks to karthik, I have received the configuration below from a dfft thread. Appreciate if you add your inputs.

Processor: AMD AthlonII X2-240 - 2.9k

Motherboard: GA-MA785GMT-UD2H - 5.7k

RAM: Kingston 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz - 2.5k

GPU: NA

HDD: WD 500GB Blue SATAII - 2.6k

Monitor: Samsung P2250 - 9.5k

Cabinet: CM Elite 310 - 1.6k

SMPS: Zebronics Pro 350w - 1.5k/ FSP SAGAII 350w - 1.6k/ Gigabyte Superb 460W - 2.2k

Optical Drive: L.G. GH22NS30 SATA/Samsung SH-S22F SATA - 1.1k

Keyboard+Mouse : Logitech MMKB Combo - 0.7k

Speakers: Creative Inspire 5.1 T6100 - 3.7k

UPS: APC 550VA - 2k

crn12 said:
Dear All,

I would need your help to make my FIRST home PC, well to be honest iam not even sure if I have to buy a laptop or a home PC.

Let me tell you my req:

5) The complete PC should be robust with commendable speed & I should not have any upgrading desires for the next couple of years
6) HDMI/DVI connectivity

Please suggest a good laptop or a desktop to me, consider me as a novice in this. My budget is also not too great should be available for not more than 35K INR. I am based out of Blore, pl suggest a nice shop where I can approach

Cheers, Nitin

Thanks to karthik, I have received the configuration below from a dfft thread. Appreciate if you add your inputs.

SMPS: Zebronics Pro 350w - 1.5k/ FSP SAGAII 350w - 1.6k/ Gigabyte Superb 460W - 2.2k

The above system is good as a HTPC but lacks a graphic card for gaming,
depending on your budget you can use the following cards
Nvidia 9600 GT - 6K
ATI Radeon HD 5670 - 6K or thereabouts
ATI Radeon HD 5770/5750 - 9K
Nvidia 240 GT -4K or thereabouts

should hve that graphics card sorted out :cool2: a good shop in S.P. Road is Golcha Computers but he doesn't bargain :(

Oh one more thing for all the Radeon Cards and the Nvidia 9600 GT you will need a better Power Supply recommend going for either a Corsair VX 450W - 4K or a Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W - 3.5K :)

Processor: Phenom II X3 720 - 6.3k/PhemomII 550BE - 4.5k

Motherboard: Gigabyte 785GMT-UD2H - 5.4k/MSI 785GM-E51 -4.6k

RAM: G-Skill 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz - 2.6k

GPU: Sapphire 4850 512MB DDRIII- 6.5k/ Power Color HD5770 - 10.25k

HDD: Seagate 500GB SATAII 7200.12 series- 2.4k

SMPS: Gigabyte Superb 460W - 2.2k

Monitor: ViewSonic VX2233wm - 7.8k

Total: 33-37k

Either you sacrifice gaming at high setting, get a laptop and enjoy the mobility or get a desktop and you will sink into gaming.

If you want more productivity with your first pc, get a laptop like acerbic 5738g that comes with a decent GPU for light gaming. This way you will be able to play few games but more importantly you will be able to do a better work for most tome.

crn12 said:
Dear All,

Let me tell you my req:

6) HDMI/DVI connectivity

Cheers, Nitin

Instead of DDR3 go with DDR2 setup.You will save 1k this way by getting DDR2 motherboard( Gigabyte MA785GM-US2h 4.5k approx)Spend this 1k on better CPU Athlon II X3 435 (4K APPROX).This will give better performance than Athlon II X2 + DDR3.Also go with 19" monitor instead and add a GPU Sapphire/MSI HD 4670 512MB(4.5K).

Thanks guys for all the info, I think I would go for the desktop this time, is there anybody in blore who is planning to visit SP road this weekend, pl PM me I could accompany them to get a first hand exp...I would also need somebody who can assemble this :S

most of the dealers in SP Road assemble the rig for you for free. Check

Golcha
Ankit
Anandit
Sagar
Bangalore computers

these are kind of reliable and I trust Golcha and Ankit the most. Golcha give 1yr on-site free maintenance. Though their pricing is a bit high, service and product range is pretty good

Thanks desiibond, I wasn't aware of assembling it for FREE, however I just went thru couple of other threads, which indicates all these guys are pretty rude & tend to go over the budget..I mean if they realize that they are talking to a lay man..I am dead & ripped I guess :)

crn12 said:
Thanks desiibond, I wasn't aware of assembling it for FREE, however I just went thru couple of other threads, which indicates all these guys are pretty rude & tend to go over the budget..I mean if they realize that they are talking to a lay man..I am dead & ripped I guess :)

If you buy from them, then it's free

Back