A little guide to Privacy and protecting ourselves from Data Breaches

mantheman

Disciple
I just wanted to share a bit about some privacy guides with you all :D

1. Email Alias - SimpleLogin and DuckDuck :
Email Alias as many of you may have heard, are aliases that you can use on all of the sites without giving them your main email. This will redirect all emails to your main email without the site owner knowing your main email and hence protect you from data breaches. SimpleLogin and DuckDuck email protection are great. Simple login in free mode is a bit random on the email address which duck duck can give you youremail@duck.com and it also looks cool. All emails sent to these will be forwarded to your Gmail or any other Primary mail and in case there is a Data breach, your primary email won't be affected.

2. DataBreach Logs :
I have my emails monitored at have I been pwned? and Firefox monitor because before I knew these email alias, I registered my main email at many random sites like Myspace, etc. and all were breached XD.

Hope this was helpful for some

To add into this you can also use alias on existing email which allows you to see who leaked your email and add filters easily to delete/mark as read, etc

Eg: email@gmail.com will receive all the emails sent to email+te@gmail.com.

And you can add a filter and label to easily categories the emails and organize your inbox
This a quick alternative but just one line of code can remove the '+te' and link it back to the original mail. Its better than nothing but still a bit exposed.

I try to use temporary email IDs as far as possible if forced to provide an email for registration etc.
There are a number of such services like Tempmail etc.

I try to use temporary email IDs as far as possible if forced to provide an email for registration etc.
There are a number of such services like Tempmail etc.
Same, I try to use temp-mail as much as possible for throwaway account but for rest of the social media, flights booking, e-commerce I try to use email aliases
Eg: email@gmail.com will receive all the emails sent to email+te@gmail.com.
This helps me to organize the emails (unread first view). Delete emails by adding filter (promotional emails) and add labels to rest of the emails so that I can track them easily later

OT: BreachForums is back! You find information latest leaks.

While the original site was shut down and its founder was arrested. Some suspect, the site is propped up by govt agencies as a trap :D

Lastly, use protection.

Try Doosra for the temp/permanent disposable number https://www.doosra.com/
Why i said temp and permanent both as its KYC complaint but you can disable incoming calls or allow
All SMS are received and can be sent back

From their website
No ads because you're not the product
Create Whatsapp, Telegram and other online accounts
Multi-user login (upto 5 devices)
Unlimited Voicemail
Call blocker to mute unsolicited calls
Add Trusted Contacts whose calls do not get blocked
Create secret passcodes that help relevant callers get around the call blocker
100 minutes of incoming and secure outgoing calling per month
Premium & VIP Number options

Why i said temp and permanent both as its KYC complaint but you can disable incoming calls or allow

From their website
No ads because you're not the product
Create Whatsapp, Telegram and other online accounts
Multi-user login (upto 5 devices)
Unlimited Voicemail
Call blocker to mute unsolicited calls
Add Trusted Contacts whose calls do not get blocked
Create secret passcodes that help relevant callers get around the call blocker
Premium & VIP Number options
That is a pretty low rating for their app in the playstore..

No one is giving a disposable mobile number on which Swiggy can call but if you the power to enable incoming calls only for a specific duration , its win win
Not had much spam from giving swiggy my number and I use them a lot.

Disposable number is not possible in India for security reasons.

If you're gonna pay monthly, why not get a secondary prepaid SIM and use that?
All service providers provide incoming call barring on their end since landline days.

Advantage of this is that if the 2nd SIM is from a different provider, you'll have two networks in case of travelling/emergency.

Last edited:
If you're gonna pay monthly, why not get a secondary prepaid SIM and use that?
All service providers provide incoming call barring on their end since landline days.

Advantage of this is that if the 2nd SIM is from a different provider, you'll have two networks in case of travelling/emergency.
SIM slot is used , isnt it . And same Doosra number can be used by 5 family members
Same swiggy , Zomato etc number for whole house

Back