PC Peripherals A little help needed...

Vandal

Skilled
Sorry for posting here, not really PC stuff but well maybe...
Are PS2 emulators any good, I mean do they really work, without adverse effects on the sys?
Can anyone suggest a really good one...(emulator I mean)
I wanna play shadow of the colossus & god of war on my PC...

Not worth it Vandal. Get the real thing and enjoy the games in full glory. Most of the ps2 emu projects have been abandoned. Some are working on specific games or demos with crappy performance. So it would be better to spend 8-9k and get a ps2 slim ;)

Blade_Runner said:
Not worth it Vandal. Get the real thing and enjoy the games in full glory. Most of the ps2 emu projects have been abandoned. Some are working on specific games or demos with crappy performance. So it would be better to spend 8-9k and get a ps2 slim ;)

well I have my eye on the Xbox 360....will get it as soon as its a little cheaper and little more available.....
regards PS2...thing is I don't have a TV in my room (and @ home my 2 TV's don't help cause I visit my hometown 2 a year for just 21 days each visit......The Xbox 360 will also lie @ home unless someone wants ta play.....
depending on my cash position I could go for the PS3 also (both the consoles)....but will definitely not spend on something that is getting obsolete....
Thanks for the advice, well meant and true but still could u suggest an emulator for me as I have stupidly bought copies of both these games (admitted pirated copies)....just couldn't resist after seeing these titles on GS...and now I am stuck with them.....

Coming to slowing down I have 1.8GB of RAM with the 6800GT, still would they slow...???

vandal said:
well I have my eye on the Xbox 360....will get it as soon as its a little cheaper and little more available.....
regards PS2...thing is I don't have a TV in my room (and @ home my 2 TV's don't help cause I visit my hometown 2 a year for just 21 days each visit......The Xbox 360 will also lie @ home unless someone wants ta play.....
depending on my cash position I could go for the PS3 also (both the consoles)....but will definitely not spend on something that is getting obsolete....
Thanks for the advice, well meant and true but still could u suggest an emulator for me as I have stupidly bought copies of both these games (admitted pirated copies)....just couldn't resist after seeing these titles on GS...and now I am stuck with them.....

Coming to slowing down I have 1.8GB of RAM with the 6800GT, still would they slow...???
http://www.pcsx2.net/
The only decent ps2 emu. You will need to own a ps2 though and be able to dump the bios file in order to use it. So you could try out of the games work and update this thread accordingly. :)
Regarding having 1.8gig of ram and 6800gt it really doesnt matter since emulation is always slower then running it on actual hardware. The games will be interpreted by the emu rather than being run on actual hardware (i.e. ps2 in this case) so no matter what it will always be slow unless the emulation software has reached a certain level of maturity and the developer totally understand the h/w that is being emulated. For e.g ps1 games can be emulated far better now than what they were 3 years ago. So basically if you want to enjoy a game its best to get the device the games were intended for. Just my 2 cents. :cool2:

Blade_Runner said:
http://www.pcsx2.net/
The only decent ps2 emu. You will need to own a ps2 though and be able to dump the bios file in order to use it. So you could try out of the games work and update this thread accordingly. :)
Regarding having 1.8gig of ram and 6800gt it really doesnt matter since emulation is always slower then running it on actual hardware. The games will be interpreted by the emu rather than being run on actual hardware (i.e. ps2 in this case) so no matter what it will always be slow unless the emulation software has reached a certain level of maturity and the developer totally understand the h/w that is being emulated. For e.g ps1 games can be emulated far better now than what they were 3 years ago. So basically if you want to enjoy a game its best to get the device the games were intended for. Just my 2 cents. :cool2:

Your 2 cents work for me.....thanx....will try this and get back to u about the success of it.....I know some guys with PS2's here so no worries....
lets see how this one goes...;)

pcsx2 is useless right now. The team still works on it a lot but at the pace they are moving, it will take atleast 2 more years for ps2 emulation to become as efficient as ps1 emulation.

Still it will be awesome to play tekken5 at high resolutions + aa/af on a pc.
Tekken3 rules on epsxe, the game is still complex enough to give the newer ones a run for their money.

Back