PC Peripherals A little problem

From The last few days my pc is havin a problem that when ever i put a dvd in my DVD_RW Drive my pc restarts and after the restart it runs the DVD fine and when i put a cd in its fine and doesn't restart suddenly

i also removed everything extra from the pc leaving only MOBO, Processor, Ram and hard disk in and then tried but still it restarted

any solution

I might also be a problem with one of the burning softwares. InCD is known to have such issues with a few drives.

What burning softwares do you have?

What optical drive do you have?

Is there any error message?

What is your rig's config?

Answers to these questions might help the gurus here better.

1.check all cable connections well..

esp. the IDE/Sata cable of your DVD drive..

2.Re-install your DVD playback software..

3.Did you alter any settings in the drive's 'Properties' window?? if yes,jus reset them to default..

this ought to help resolve the issue else dunno wats wrong../

@ soul weaver

Ans1:I use nero 6

Ans2:Sony DRU-800-A

Ans3:after the windows start up i get a message windows has recoverd from a serious error

Ans4:The rig config is

Processor: PentiumD 930

Motherboard: Intel D102GGC2

Ram: 1GB Kingston @667Mhz

HDD:Seagate 7200.9 80GB+ westren digital Clavier IDE 320GB

GPU: Ati Radon X550

i've checked the IDE cabel twice i even changed it

The Play back software is fine

i allready said as it reads a DVD it restarts

first i put Tokyo Drift in it restarted

Then i put in Prostreet it restarted

then i put in Sims 2 it still restarts

but only on dvds not od CDs

sure u didn change any of the drive's properties ?

maybe some glitch in the drive...

one thing is for sure,ain't a OS prob,coz it does read cds!

i the problem is with master and slave setting remove ur DVD rom jumper and then try it out also when ur system restarts press the hot key and boot to safe mode or last best known configuration. and see if that doesnt happen post back will try something else

i don't even have a jumper on it and i can't do that in windows xp because the boot selection screen dosen't and options for xp it only has for vista so that's also a problem and + i hate vista it takes ages to boot and run

Ero-Sannin said:
i the problem is with master and slave setting remove ur DVD rom jumper and then try it out also when ur system restarts press the hot key and boot to safe mode or last best known configuration. and see if that doesnt happen post back will try something else

yeah,try that too..
else it's just gotta be the drive..
get it checked,,

Back