A mid level Laptop(dual core?core i3? core i5)

G80_gts

Disciple
Hi folks,

I am looking forward to buy a medium level laptop. Primary use will be muvees, songs and net usage.There wont be any serious gaming.

Yesterday i came across a few laptops and now i am confused :bleh:
Q1> For the use above, which processor should i aim for ? the Dual core p6100 or core i3 or core i5?
I personally would want to go for a core i3 as it seems most vfm.

Q2>Is it wise to go for a lappy now or should i wait till end february when mobile version of sandy bridge core i3/i5 will be launched.:huh:

Q2>Yesterday i saw an acer with core i5,3gb ram, 500gb hdd,15.6 Led screen and win 7 basic with some cheapo bundles like speaker and mice,etc at 35k.
Similar config with core i3 and 14" screen was gng for arnd 33k
Is this a good deal or an overkill???:ashamed:
Please suggest some other lappies that would suffice my need.

My only basic need would be a pre installed win 7 for os.
Please also keep in mind build quality and A.S.S.

T.I.A

Sumit05 said:
Go for Dell Inspiron 15R.
+1.

Just got one yesterday for Rs. 35,200. i3 380, 3gb ram, 320gb hdd, w7 HB, office 2010 starter , mcafee 15month av, dell backpack. however no w7 reinstallation media...

hey guys thnks for the update.Appreciate the help. :)

The Dell Inspiron 15r seems a bit on the pricier side, considering that acer is giving core i5, same ram, more hDD at almost same price.

I saw the acer 5742, core i3 370(2.4ghz), 2gb , 500 hb hdd, 15.6 led but with linux at arnd 29k.. hows this???

Any issues iwth acers??? I mean build quality /battery life ???

Acer has good build quality too, and the 2-extended warranty costs just 4000/-
where as dell ex-warranty costs 10K/- something, that too for 1 year AFAIK.

vivek.krishnan said:
+1.

Just got one yesterday for Rs. 35,200. i3 380, 3gb ram, 320gb hdd, w7 HB, office 2010 starter , mcafee 15month av, dell backpack. however no w7 reinstallation media...

Most of Manufacture these days don't provide Windows 7 installation disc with their Laptop, All are pre-loaded OS at Hard disk.....and the install file of OS resides in a hidden partition with other driver.

If there any need to change HDD after warranty,this is not a problem as long as you have COA in the bottom and if you can borrow a retail copy of windows DVD 32 or 64 bit (disc only) in any flavor from friends/family.

Because All Win 7 retail DVD contain all the 4 version i,e Basic/Premium/Professional/Ultimate.....You just need to unlock it.

UPDATE: Hey folks...went ahead and got the sony vaio

Config
core i3 380M 2.53 Ghz
2GB DDR3
320GB HDD
15.5 LED screen
Win 7 HB 64bit
Cost 33.2 k

And its white...looks spendid :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

MOds please close the thread :)

^^ thanks man :D

Actually i heard horror stories about acer and lenovo A.S.S. not only from consumers but also resellers :cool2:

The fact that a genuine win7 was being shipped + ze looks :) clinched teh deal :clap:

Back