PC Peripherals a new Multimedia rig for 30k

Gaurish said:
is there any Good board with Onboard Graphics?
and the problem with INTEL's Mobo?, here its quite popular

good mobo's with onboard graphics:-

Zotac nForce 610i/GeForce 7050 1333 FSB 2.3k .so as written NVIDIA 7050 onboard graphics.

Asus P5N MX for 3.3k with NVIDIA 7050 onboard graphics.

but then it has Chipset from NVIDIA GeForce 7050/nForce 610i.

i was eyeing P35 chipset,

i am looking for a mobo below 5k mark, the lower the merrier it is.

also can IGP play 1080p rips?

Gaurish said:
Made a Trip to Computer Market.

Lots of surprises & disappointments
--> Dealers have no clue about the products they sell,example he made me a sample configuration; for them is CPU is C2D, no model number, no FSB or Cache details available. same for Mobo, they sell Mobotherboard Telling "Intel Original". WTH! is Intel Original.

i pushed him hard,so he called Intel's Distributer so i got to know CPU was E4600 & mobo was DG31PR or D945GCPE.even the disto was not sure, Damn you :no:

E7200,E8200 & E8400 are not available, after 4600 they have Quads. need to check in few more shops.
-->He is pushing me hard to buy Zion/Hynix Ram, can says Kingston is cr@p. when i asked about transcend is said Hynix is the best ram in the world lol
-->On Asking about AMD procy, surprisingly he had the whole Range right from 4200 to X3 & X4 ready stock;) . but he was bundling with with some Asus Mobo costing 2200/- bucks, no details on that were available:no:
--> When i asked About 7200 and if he can arrange it, he said its out of stock and does not know when it would be available
--> Graphics is of Sparkle 8600GT for 4.5k

what is the performance of this X3 & X4 comparing to Intel 7200?

this is what happens when you have scrap dealrs selling computer hardware :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

LOL......hardware selling is a joke in India u'll see these people who have no passion and no love for the hardware they sell without even knowing its cons and pros.

Try Amarbir for the proccy and motherboard. Hynix isn't bad its quite good i.e. if you get the same rates as Transcend.

Maybe you can go for the 3 core way if you intend not to OC.

Neither the board(abit p35-E)or CPU(7200) is available at my place.

what i can get here is E4600 & MSI P35Neo.

should i get this board CPU locally or get Board & CPU bundle from online dealers.

is this worth extra effort?

or maybe i could get board locally and CPU online.

Either way its just 150 odd bucks for the courier charges;

So get it from the TE dealers; Phoenix's not active it appears; there's always Rahul @ ITW or Amarbir de Lazy; :lol:

And get the E7200 dude; wayy better than the E4600 which's like EOL; :p

Easily does 4G with few VID hikes; :)

MSI P35 Neo is a decent board as well but I think someone here got Neo 2;

And since warranty matters a lot I think its better u vouch for the MSI board since u can get it replaced w/o any hassles; :)

Tough choice dude; :p

MSI maybe better since there're minor issues from Biostar as well;

Bikey hpnd to report his friend's TP35D2A7 is going strong; :D

Its all the more the same P35 + ICH9 on both of them; :p

So boils down to the brand tag more or less;

buying a new rig please check if its fine.

CPU:Intel Core2duo E7200 Rs.5600/-
Mobo:Intel DP35DP 4600/-
Ram:Transcend 1x2GB 800Mhz(Suggest any alternatives, as transcend is rare in my place. maybe zion?)
HDD:Seagte 300GB SATA Rs.2350/-
DVD Writer: Samsung DVD writer Rs.1085/-
UPS:Numeric 600va 1820/-
Display: 19"inch LCD, need to choose. appox budget Rs.10,000/-
Microsoft basic keyboard and mouse Rs.760/-
Sony Internal Card reader Rs.400/-
Also, need a Graphics card.please sugget

All this in max Budget of Rs.30,000/-

Buying this tommorow
will using it as Home pC, will be run typical multimedia tasks.
also, multitasking would essential. but the machine would NEVER be overclocked.
I need suggestion on Motherboard and graphics card.
Please suggest any other change.

1. Zion RAM is not bad at all...In fact for general purpose use its as good as Transcend. Its also has 1 to 1 swap replacement by abacus . So try for transcend..if not available go for Zion ...no issues !

2. Dude..dont go for microsoft basic KB+Mse combo. Its uncomfortable. Rather get the Logitech Combo..costa about the same but much better quality abd the mouse is way better than the microsoft one

3.8600GT price looks a bit overpriced..should be 200-300 lower. Also search for 9500GT cards.384MB version should be around 5k apprx.15-20% more powerful..less heat..less power consumption at idle

4.I seriously think you are spending too much for procy and mobo. The kind of work you will be doing..a 2180 with p35 mobo would have been enough. If I weere you ,I would have saved the money and would go for a better graphics card such as 9600GSO

sidewinder2008 said:
1. Zion RAM is not bad at all...In fact for general purpose use its as good as Transcend. Its also has 1 to 1 swap replacement by abacus . So try for transcend..if not available go for Zion ...no issues !

Thanks...for clarification

2. Dude..dont go for microsoft basic KB+Mse combo. Its uncomfortable. Rather get the Logitech Combo..costa about the same but much better quality abd the mouse is way better than the microsoft one

I value your opnion but i would differ on that.

I am using the Same combo from Past 3years. and still now issues.

Logitech Keyboard has too soft keys. and the Mouse is heavy:p

Thanks for your advice, i will look into this before buying;)

3.8600GT price looks a bit overpriced..should be 200-300 lower. Also search for 9500GT cards.384MB version should be around 5k apprx.15-20% more powerful..less heat..less power consumption at idle

Lets see if i can find 9500GT.

here prices are higher in general

4.I seriously think you are spending too much for procy and mobo. The kind of work you will be doing..a 2180 with p35 mobo would have been enough. If I weere you ,I would have saved the money and would go for a better graphics card such as 9600GSO

I also though the same.

I feel E2180 is underpowered. also its obsolete now.

I wanted cpu with 45nm, 7200 is sweetly priced. and most VFM c2d.

Since, the system is not gonna be overclocked in its lifetime, putting a Enthusiast grade P35 chipset it a waste.

so no sense using a P35 chipset here.

Intel DG31PR would just work and the saved money in a Better card.

^^

Abt KBD+Mse...you are the user..so your opinion holds most value. BTW..i feel comfortable with heavy mouses.. LoL..

DG31PR is good general purpose mobo but if you are going for e7200 I would strongly suggest you to spend that 1.5 extra and go for P35. You may not need the overclocking now..but 2 years down the line..you just might want to /might need to push the procy higher..

Back