A new PC for Rs. 40k or less, preferably i5 based.

scarecrow95

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Acer AL1916W (may upgrade if it fits in the 40k budget)

iBall I-don't-know-what-model quad speakers.

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

^Same as above

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

i5 based mostly, I am open to options though.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Mostly no, this is what I will be running 2 years down the road.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Mumbai

Open to online purchase.

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

If its a steal, then maybe yes.

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming

Browsing

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Not really, just need good A. S. S., won't even be needing that if the product is reliable.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

FPS, RPGs, DoTA.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming - 1440x900

Desktop - 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No.

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7

Also the place where I live accumulates dust QUICKLY. So a cabinet suggestion with a good dust filter is preferable.

Thanks a lot for helping me out :)

Components Description Price (INR)
Processor Intel Core i5 2500 10200
Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 5000
RAM Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz 2100
HDD Seagate 1TB 7200.12 2700
GPU MSI Cyclone OC HD6850 1GB GDDR5 PE 10200
Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2200
PSU Corsair VX 450 3400
Key Board Logitech MMKB 400
Mouse Razer Death Adder 2100
ODD LG 22X SATA DVD 900
Total 39200

scarecrow95 said:
Thanks! That looks good. Also, I am running a VIP 500W SMPS right now, do you think I should upgrade to the corsair or just keep this one?
Definitely upgrade it. With such high end componets a VIP is so not recommended!
The VX450 is 80+ certified and is backed by 5 years warranty. Total peace of mind IMO.

scarecrow95 said:
Also can you tell me whats the difference between i5 2500 and i5 2500k?
'K' means unlocked multiplier and you can OC it. You cant OC a non-K processor.
Plus even with the 'K' series you need P67/Z68 to OC it. So min. price of the mobo is 9k!

So if I am not overclocking, I don't need the 2500k right? Thanks a lot, you've been of great help!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Are there any Asus or Gigabyte alternatives to the motherboard?

H67MA-E35 is the best board in 5k range.. Other boards like asus p8h67 m le offers same features but costs more 6.5k

Hades. said:
H67MA-E35 is the best board in 5k range.. Other boards like asus p8h67 m le offers same features but costs more 6.5k
Asus P8H67M-LE uses solid caps only for the CPU VRM where as H67MA-E35 is an all solid caps board.

ssengupta said:
Asus P8H67M-LE uses solid caps only for the CPU VRM where as H67MA-E35 is an all solid caps board.
I know that... Even though P8H67 M LE doesn't come with All Solid Caps but its a pretty good board with features like USB3 + Sata3 + 90 Degree Sata Ports...

Are there other processors which will give me better performance in the same price range? I am not looking to overclock, so out of the box performance is important to me.

Hello Friends,

What about the MSI motherboard components quality compare to Asus, Gigabyte & Intel? Couple of year back while searching for cheap laptop for my friend we come to know that MSI had cheapest laptop & so the quality :(

Back